OR  

Stat card won't update

Need help using The Elder Stats? Trying to do something that you just can't figure out how to do? Then post your help requests and questions in here!

Stat card won't update

Postby direwolf016 » December 9th, 2012, 7:27 pm

The stat card that I use as a link on other forums won't update (image-wise).
direwolf016
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 1
Characters: 1

Re: Stat card won't update

Postby Tom » December 10th, 2012, 5:44 am

Hi,

Can you check now to see if it has updated? It could be that there was just a delay in the updating of the Stat Card after you updated your character's actual profile on the website. I've just checked out your character's Stat Card and it appears to have the same values that your character's profile displays.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby PieLighter » January 10th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Same problem here, it doesn't seem to be updating. Does it just take a long time?
PieLighter
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 2

Postby Tom » January 10th, 2013, 9:12 pm

It should update instantly, but the likely problem is that the image is being cached by your web browser, and then once you update your character's profile, the Stat Card image is being shown from your browser's cache with the old data instead.

Try clearing your browser's cache and refreshing the page if you experience this again, as it may solve the problem.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby PieLighter » January 10th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Ah, I see. It's updated now. Cheers!
PieLighter
Mudcrab

Re: Revision of the Character Score System

Postby DEMON LEMON » June 15th, 2013, 8:21 am

I have just joined here, and I play on the XBox -- and my banner doesn't match my character's actual Alchemy, Smithing, Sneak, et el. What gives? Doesn't the banner update automatically?
I LOVE bacon!!!
DEMON LEMON
Mudcrab

Re: Revision of the Character Score System

Postby Tom » June 15th, 2013, 8:38 am

DEMON LEMON wrote:I have just joined here, and I play on the XBox -- and my banner doesn't match my character's actual Alchemy, Smithing, Sneak, et el. What gives? Doesn't the banner update automatically?

It does update automatically, but sometimes the old version of the image is still stored in your browser's cache, and therefore you're still seeing the old version. To fix this, just visit a page of the site where the image is displayed (such as your character's Bio & Info profile page), and press Ctrl + F5 (or Command + Shift + R, if you're on a Mac). That will perform a "hard refresh", effectively grabbing the new version of the image from our server and replacing your browser's cached version.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby ath3nos » June 25th, 2013, 4:33 pm

I noticed this is quite old, but thought I would post here anyway. I have the same issue. I have cleared my cache, refreshed, signed out, refreshed, signed in, refreshed, etc. to no avail. It just doesn't seem to be updating at all. I will wait a few hours and check again I guess.

Edit: Looks like it just needed some time to show it was updated. Everything's good now
ath3nos
Mudcrab

Postby Miquel » May 22nd, 2017, 5:44 am

ath3nos wrote:I noticed this is quite old, but thought I would post here anyway. I have the same issue. I have cleared my cache, refreshed, signed out, refreshed, signed in, refreshed, etc. to no avail. It just doesn't seem to be updating at all. I will wait a few hours and check again I guess.

Edit: Looks like it just needed some time to show it was updated. Everything's good now

I did the same thing a few hours ago but it still hasn't updated. How long do you need to wait?
Miquel
Mudcrab

Characters: 0

Postby NickSaggy » January 27th, 2022, 1:02 pm

Mine has had many issues also. Don't know how to successfully address that.
NickSaggy
Mudcrab

Return to Help & Support