OR  

Base Magicka not Raising past 200. Need your Help!

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Base Magicka not Raising past 200. Need your Help!

Postby Ben » April 19th, 2009, 1:53 pm

It has come to my attention that when sleeping and gaining levels, my base magicka doesn't increase past 200. And I'm wondering why, is it because i have a intelligence level of 100? Don't i have a high enough Willpower? Whats the answer? If anyone could fill me in on why my magicka isn't raising i would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
-Ben. :)
Ben
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 5
Characters: 2

Re: Base Magicka not Raising past 200. Need your Help!

Postby oxbutcherox » April 19th, 2009, 3:09 pm

well depending your race,if your a hight elf your magicka suppose to be more than 200 but i dont know about a breton with 100 intelligence and what is your birthsign?
Elder Scrolls V is coming :)
oxbutcherox
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45
Characters: 3

Postby Legolastom » April 19th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Intelligence raises Magicka, Willpower raises the speed in which you regain Magicka, if you max out Intelligence then your Magicka shouldn't increase when you level.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby Teinaava » April 19th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Your magicka is 2 times your Intelligence (plus birthsign and racial bonuses) and it doesn't raise when you level unless you raise your Intelligence. Since your Intelligence is at 100 and you can't raise it anymore, your magicka won't increase.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172

Postby Ben » April 20th, 2009, 4:33 am

I have a birth sign of the thief.
Is there any possible way to gain any more magicka per level?
Can i somehow drain my attributes or a stat before i sleep to make ti that i gain more magicka?
If there's anything that can be done to let me gain more magicka, it would be really appreciated :)
Ben
Mudcrab

Postby Teinaava » April 20th, 2009, 8:30 pm

Ben wrote:If there's anything that can be done to let me gain more magicka, it would be really appreciated :)

You can gain more magicka through the use of glitches/exploits:

1) If you eat Felldew and then don't eat anymore, you will suffer from Felldew Withdrawal, which will drain some of your attributes (Intelligence being one of them). If you then level up, you will be able to increase your Intelligence again. Then, once your Intelligence is at 100, complete the "Addiction" to restore your attributes, which will increase your attributes above 100. This can raise your intelligence 15 points, giving you 30 more magicka.

2) If you haven't already used the Oghma Infinium (which you receive for completing Hermaeus Mora's daedric quest), then you can use it and choose the "Path of Spirit", which will raise your Intelligence by 10, giving you 20 more magicka.

3) You can use the Permanent Enchantment Glitch to permanently enchant yourself with fortify magicka. This can be used to give yourself as much magicka as you want.

Also, if you're playing on a PC, you can use the console to give yourself more magicka. Open the console by hitting the tilde (~) key. Then, type "player.modav magicka #", without the quotes and replace "#" with the amount of magicka you want, then hit enter.

NOTE: If you use any of these methods to give yourself more magicka (or to effect any other stat), you need to list it under the "Exploits Used" section of your character's profile.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Postby Ben » April 21st, 2009, 8:38 am

Any tips for next time i create a character to let me permanently gain magicka per level, and how to set it up :)
if you could let me know how, that would be really appreciated.
Ben
Mudcrab

Postby Teinaava » April 21st, 2009, 8:59 pm

There’s nothing you can do to allow yourself to gain magicka each time you level up (unless you’re on a PC, then you can download a mod that lets you do that). If you want to have as much magicka as possible, you should choose an Altmer (+100 magicka), with the Atronach birthsign (+150 magicka). This will allow you to have 450 magicka when you have an Intelligence of 100, however due to the Atronach birthsign your magicka won't regenerate.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Postby Ben » April 22nd, 2009, 1:15 am

Cheers Teinaava, really helpful.
so the highest possible magicka in the game is 450 (High elf and Atronach), how do people manage to get higher magicka over 1000 etc, I've heard somebody has god 1000 magicka +. If there's anyway to do this without cheating, and you could let me know, that would be really appreciated :).
Ben
Mudcrab

Postby Teinaava » April 22nd, 2009, 2:29 am

Ben wrote:If there's anyway to do this without cheating, and you could let me know, that would be really appreciated :).

You can get it that high through enchanted items. Once you're level 17+, you can get Transcendent Sigil Stones that will fortify your magicka by 50 points. If you enchant your boots, greaves, cuirass, guantlets, helmet, 2 rings, and you shield with these, you will have +400 magicka (this plus your 450 mgaicka if you choose an Altmer with the Atronach and have 100 Intelligence, will give you 850 magicka). Then, once you're level 25+ you can do the Mages Guild quest The Necromancer's Amulet to get the Necromancer's Amulet (but don't complete the quest, as it requires you to get rid of the amulet). The amulet at this level has Fortify Magicka 130 and Fortify Intelligence 14 (amongst other enchantments), giving you a total of +158 magicka, for a grand total of 1008 magicka. Then, if you do the Dark Brotherhood quest Scheduled for Execution, and complete it without killing a guard, you'll get the Scales of Pitiless Justice, which will increase your intelligence by 2 as long as you have them in your inventory. This will give you +4 magicka, for a total of 112 magicka. Then, if you have completed the Knights of the Nine questline, you can activate Sir Henrik's tomb in the Priory Undercroft, to get a 5 point boost to Intelligence (it will remain there until you activate one of the other Knight's tomb). This will give you +10 magicka, for a total of 1022 magicka. Here's a list of all the equipment used to get this:

Boots: +50
Greaves+50
Cuirass +50
Guantlets +50
Helmet +50
Ring +50
Ring +50
Shield +50
Necromancer's Amulet +158
Scales of Pitiless justice +4
Julianos' Blessing +10
Teinaava