OR  

Do you use fast travel?

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Do you use fast travel?

Postby Hirschy » April 21st, 2009, 1:16 am

I myself used to use fast travel but i felt it took the fun of exploring out of the game so my new char 'Gazgel' i've decided not to use it... sure it takes longer to get to places but i've seen some amazing views and interesting moments.

But i was curios do you use fast travel?

- Hirschy
To the World you may be a man, but to to someone you may be the "World"
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Forum Posts: 17
Characters: 1

Re: Do you use fast travel?

Postby Xavier » April 21st, 2009, 1:49 am

Yeah, I use fast travel all the time. I was thinking of not using it though.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Hirschy » April 21st, 2009, 1:58 am

You should really try it. Makes the whole adventure aspect of the game that bit better imo.

Also you get a teeny bit more experience for killing monsters on the way to your destination.

- Hirschy
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Postby Katherine » April 22nd, 2009, 10:17 am

When I first started playing Oblivion I didn't realise that I could fast travel :oops:
I was just excited to get an xbox 360 elite (it was xmas) and although it was more of an adventure, it took so bloody long to make any real progress I got bored, I read about oblivion and then I found out how to fast travel. I haven't looked back since.
I think I get enough out of it adventure wise right now because its still new to me, maybe when I complete the main quest I'd feel like playing the game without fast travelling. But I doubt it because Elder Scrolls V will be out by the time I do :P
...yes I'm a total nooooob :|
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48

Postby Tom » April 23rd, 2009, 2:14 am

I always fast travel, but recently I've been walking to places to get my Athletics skill up and to find more places. Also, I enjoy the sights in the woods and I always enjoy seeing enemies around and about while I'm exploring. But, considering how much I go from Bravil to the Imperial City in only one day, it would kill me if I didn't use fast travel.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Dazzleman » April 24th, 2009, 6:52 pm

I've not been playing that long, however I've done a little of both. It kind of depends on how much time I've got to play at the time, but I can say that getting where you need to do is quicker than it takes in Fallout3. Not sure if the world is smaller or not, but all the sights are amazing. Also from what I can tell so far, if you fast travel you'll miss out on a ton of awesome things.

Also while you go from place to place, you are gaining skills along the way, or gathering various plants and things. Again, I'm probably too new at this to really see what is better. Thanks for your time.

Dazzleman
Dazzleman
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13

Postby Hirschy » April 24th, 2009, 10:18 pm

Hey Dazzleman, I fully agree with what your saying and i also feel that things take longer in fallout 3 but that may be because u don't have athletics skill and you don't have horses...

- Hirschy
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Postby Codex » April 24th, 2009, 10:41 pm

The speed of the player in FO3 is greatly reduced compared to Oblivion. If I've played Oblivion for a while, and then switch to Fallout, it feels like every step I take is in slow motion.
Codex
Citizen

Forum Posts: 30
Characters: 3

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 25th, 2009, 11:43 am

I don't use fast travel. I'd be surrounded by the soldiers who follow me if I used fast travel to get to somewhere I wanted to raid, and if it was a big raid then I'd have to fight my way out of about fifty of them or more! And, besides, it breaks the immersion. I always walk when not in combat.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Postby Hirschy » April 26th, 2009, 12:20 am

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:I always walk when not in combat.

That must take you you a long time,i mostly run or use a horse, but thats because i play a lone Orc hunter.

- Hirschy
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion