OR  

Do you use fast travel?

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Do you use fast travel?

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » April 26th, 2009, 8:42 pm

It takes a while, but it means I can't cross Cyrodiil in ten minutes.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Postby The Ninja » June 2nd, 2009, 11:02 pm

It itakes a long time if you don't, but I don't anyway. I like roaming the lush forests and plains, all the while leveling up by hunting deer and other creatures.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Mikkel » June 8th, 2009, 10:00 pm

I have always used fast travel, but on my new man which I really want to RP with, I haven't done it yet, and I don't think I'll use it too often. Of cause, if I have to go from Leyawinn to Anvil, I might still use it if I have played for too long, and suddenly are a little bored, but else, I couldn't dream of it :P
Please go check my character. If you would like to leave a comment about him, that would be great too :lol:
Mikkel
Beggar

Forum Posts: 10
Characters: 3

Postby whoman69 » September 14th, 2009, 9:29 pm

I have an older pc but when I started I wasn't aware of all the options including fast travel. My game lagged horribly especially in outdoors, so I used fast travel whenever possible. I still do because I only have a limited time that I can play. The lagging problem has been mostly solved when I put the grass distance level down to zero. When I solved this issue it was very emacipating.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby Filia » September 21st, 2009, 12:09 am

I use fast travel regularly, for when I have things in my mind that I want to get done. I've been trying to break the habit though. I developed a fortify speed/water walk spell to cast on my horse and really speed things up. :lol:
Filia
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 1

Postby Cramps! » September 21st, 2009, 2:08 am

I use Fast Travel all the time, but I plan to make insane boots that increase your athletics and acrobatics, to jump from one city to another :twisted:
Cramps!
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 0

Postby Filia » September 21st, 2009, 3:46 am

Cramps! wrote:I use Fast Travel all the time, but I plan to make insane boots that increase your athletics and acrobatics, to jump from one city to another :twisted:

*thinks back to Tarhiel of Morrowind*

...Oh dear. >.>;;
Filia
Beggar

Postby Cramps! » September 21st, 2009, 4:53 am

The Acrobatics approach is a bit flawed as you just pointed out, but super fast speed is still in order (just don't trip over a rock...)
Cramps!
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 0

Postby Xavier » September 21st, 2009, 8:50 pm

Filia wrote:I use fast travel regularly, for when I have things in my mind that I want to get done. I've been trying to break the habit though. I developed a fortify speed/water walk spell to cast on my horse and really speed things up. :lol:

Wow, I didn't know that you could fortify your horse to run faster. I should try that.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Filia » September 22nd, 2009, 2:31 am

Xavier wrote:
Filia wrote:I use fast travel regularly, for when I have things in my mind that I want to get done. I've been trying to break the habit though. I developed a fortify speed/water walk spell to cast on my horse and really speed things up. :lol:

Wow, I didn't know that you could fortify your horse to run faster. I should try that.

Oh yeah, it is the absolute best. Creatures, in particular horses, get really high multipliers for the speed stat, so you can easily take even a Paint horse and beef it up faster than Shadowmere at normal. XD The catch, though, is that it's easy to fly off cliffs and get hurt, so be careful not to kill your mode of transportation. :lol:

If you want to make them water-walk, it should be noted that the only way to do so is by having access to the Arcane University, and making a custom spell. The only place you can find water-walk sold as a spell effect for you to use is in Cheydinhal: Trayvond the Redguard sells it (Sea Stride, I believe).
Filia
Beggar

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion