OR  

Oblivion on my PC

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Oblivion on my PC

Postby kakejero » November 25th, 2009, 4:10 pm

What is oblivion like on PC :?:
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby Tom » November 25th, 2009, 11:20 pm

kakejero wrote:What is oblivion like on PC :?:

I think it's great. Of course, if your computer doesn't have the proper hardware to run Oblivion on mid-level settings or greater, then you'll be missing out on the true experience. However, most computers built for gaming can handle Oblivion quite well, so it makes for a great game experience. The controls are easier to maneuver with, in my opinion. Using a mouse and keyboard makes it easier to defend yourself than using a console controller, at least for me and all of the people I know. If you have a very good video card in your computer, then playing Oblivion on the PC makes you see the game in much more detail.

So, there are a lot of perks to playing on the PC. I'm sure Xavier will like to elaborate on more perks of the PC when he sees this post. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby whoman69 » November 26th, 2009, 12:28 am

I have a lower end PC (circa 2004) so my computer isn't going to be able to run with the top 'game experience' as Tom put it, but I enjoy it just the same. I think the biggest advantage of the PC version is the ability to mod. I'm not talking about mods to make the game easier, but mods to bring more adventures into the game. Currently I'm running the rebuild Kvatch mod and will have others later. I'm even thinking of witing my own mod later.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby Xavier » November 26th, 2009, 1:06 am

Yeah, PC is great for this game. Of course since the graphics capabilities are a lot better and you can add mods. But I need a new video card because mine is pretty outdated. It's annoying playing with mediocre graphics.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Previous

Return to Oblivion Discussion