OR  

favorite/least favorite quests

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: favorite/least favorite quests

Postby The Ninja » June 4th, 2009, 7:56 pm

Katherine wrote:...that and those pesky mudcrabs make me jumpy ( you know how the music changes when you're under attack) so I'm like argh bandits!!! and I do a 360 looking around me with my weapons ready ....and it turns out to be a stupid mudcrab thats still chasing me from like a mile away >_<

Ha! I have a funny story relating to mudcrabs:

I just started playing ESIV: Oblivion, and was around the Imperial Mote when I turn around a rock near the water to find at least 5 mudcrabs. I thought that they weren't a threat so I just shot one. When I did, the music changed and the started walking toward me. So I became startled from this and walked backward, away from the mote, into the grassy area to get range for my bow. Then a wolf comes out of nowhere and attacks me (BTW this is at night), making things more frightening. Now I, seeing the wolf as the bigger threat lose track of the mudcrabs as I backed away from the wolf and into the mob of mudcrabs... >.< Ouch.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Katherine » June 8th, 2009, 6:22 pm

The Ninja wrote:
Katherine wrote:...that and those pesky mudcrabs make me jumpy ( you know how the music changes when you're under attack) so I'm like argh bandits!!! and I do a 360 looking around me with my weapons ready ....and it turns out to be a stupid mudcrab thats still chasing me from like a mile away >_<

I just started playing ESIV: Oblivion, and was around the Imperial Mote when I turn around a rock near the water to find at least 5 mudcrabs. I thought that they weren't a threat so I just shot one. When I did, the music changed and the started walking toward me. So I became startled from this and walked backward, away from the mote, into the grassy area to get range for my bow. Then a wolf comes out of nowhere and attacks me (BTW this is at night), making things more frightening. Now I, seeing the wolf as the bigger threat lose track of the mudcrabs as I backed away from the wolf and into the mob of mudcrabs... >.< Ouch.

lmao!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48
Characters: 1

Postby The Ninja » June 14th, 2009, 4:32 am

Then there is the quest where you have to find out where the Bosmer shop keeper gets his supplies cause he is selling so cheap. When he and the other dude meet up in that courtyard, it took me forever to find the right place where they begin to start talking. I finally "accidentally" found it from running from bush to tree to another bush, then they started the conversation.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Sithis » June 14th, 2009, 6:35 am

The Ninja wrote:

I am guessing that you hadn't become a ninja at this point.
Certified TESIV:O Sage- Yeah...I know so much about the game, I could teach a college course on it.
Need build help, critique on your character, or design methods? Contact me. I am the one responsible for the Nexus Project and the Super_Soldier Method.
Sithis
Beggar

Forum Posts: 28
Characters: 1

Postby The Ninja » June 14th, 2009, 6:37 am

Nope. I just started playing and was a Bowman. (You can see the Bowman class on my profile.)
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Xavier » June 14th, 2009, 6:13 pm

The Ninja wrote:Then there is the quest where you have to find out where the Bosmer shop keeper gets his supplies cause he is selling so cheap. When he and the other dude meet up in that courtyard, it took me forever to find the right place where they begin to start talking. I finally "accidentally" found it from running from bush to tree to another bush, then they started the conversation.

Yeah, I know that quest. I thought it was pretty cool. It's pretty funny how when you are secretly listening to their conversation, you are right in front of their face and they don't notice your there.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » June 15th, 2009, 1:02 am

Like I said, I was running from the tree to the bush and I was stuck in place while the converation started. "Do'h!"
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Orion The Free » June 22nd, 2009, 8:37 pm

Least Favorite: Taxomony of Obsession. I'm still not done getting all those things.
Favorite Quest: Whodunit?
"A living being seeks above all else to discharge its strength. Life itself is will to power nothing else matters." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Orion The Free
Citizen

Forum Posts: 41
Characters: 5

Postby whoman69 » September 14th, 2009, 10:45 pm

The dadric quest for morag bal. You go find this old man, goad him into fighting you, then you can't fight back. At level 17, the lowest level you can't complete this quest, this guy takes forever to take you down. If you breath on this guy too hard he will go down. Its like fighting Mr. Burns. Top it off the price, mace of morag bal is pretty much worthless except to sell or give to martin. The magical effect of strenfth absorbtion 5 pts for 0 seconds does absolutely nothing.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby Tom » September 16th, 2009, 9:09 pm

whoman69 wrote:The dadric quest for morag bal. You go find this old man, goad him into fighting you, then you can't fight back. At level 17, the lowest level you can't complete this quest, this guy takes forever to take you down. If you breath on this guy too hard he will go down. Its like fighting Mr. Burns.

I agree. I got this quest with my character Tom a while ago, but I just recently completed it. It's not a very fun quest. In fact, I did it as a level 42 and I had to just stand there for about 10 minutes or so, just letting him hit me with the Cursed Mace until he finally did enough damage to my health that I could tele-transport back to the shrine. Also, I think they could have done a better job at making it clear to the player that you have to drop the Cursed Mace in front of him before he starts attacking you. Otherwise, he'll just kill you and you will have wasted 10 minutes of watching this guy punch you to death, only to realize that you didn't complete the quest properly.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion