OR  

favorite/least favorite quests

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: favorite/least favorite quests

Postby Mr. Oblivion » May 30th, 2009, 6:49 am

Teinaava wrote:
Eskayti wrote:Sheogorath is just the best NPC ever.

No he's not, Teinaava is. :P

My favourite quest is either "Whodunit?" or "The Renegade Shadowscale." My least favourite is "The Purification."

I enjoyed Whodunit? as it was original; however, it could have been soooo much better.

I don't like Go Fish. It seems like a busy-work quest, which are never truly fun.
UESPWiki - Mentor | OblivionCC
Though I am not naturally honest, I am sometimes by chance...
Mr. Oblivion
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13
Characters: 1

Postby Katherine » June 1st, 2009, 10:25 am

Tom wrote:
Katherine wrote:Also, all the tasks I had to do to get reccomendations to enter the Mage University :P

Yes, those were some of my least favorite quests, as well. I'm not a huge fan of quests-within-quests because it makes you lose track of what you're trying to achieve.

Also, Seeking Your Roots is a bit annoying, but it can be fun searching for Nirnroots because you'll see a lot of sights around Cyrodiil on the journey. Just look along the coastline of the Niben Bay - there are a lot of them around there.

Maybe if I walked on water it would be less boring because I usually swim along the coast and its so sloooow :shock:
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48

Postby Tom » June 2nd, 2009, 11:16 pm

Katherine wrote:Maybe if I walked on water it would be less boring because I usually swim along the coast and its so sloooow :shock:

Well, Nirnroots don't grow in the water, so you'd probably be best walking along the paths that follow the coast of the Niben Bay. You could swim or walk on the water, but I feel that it's better to walk along the coast on dry land when trying to find Nirnroots.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » June 2nd, 2009, 11:19 pm

Tom wrote:Well, Nirnroots don't grow in the water, so you'd probably be best walking along the paths that follow the coast of the Niben Bay. You could swim or walk on the water, but I feel that it's better to walk along the coast on dry land when trying to find Nirnroots.

Actually, isn't there one growing in the shallows near a boulder around the northern part of the Imperial? But I do agree with you about walking on the land instead of water. You are going to see more that way.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Tom » June 2nd, 2009, 11:22 pm

The Ninja wrote:Actually, isn't there one growing in the shallows near a boulder around the northern part of the Imperial?

Yes, you're right. Some Nirnroots grow with their roots in the water, but I've never seen a Nirnroot growing in the water directly. The majority of them grow alongside bodies of water, and no more than about 3 to 4 meters away from where the body of water ends. I was just suggesting the best method for searching for Nirnroots. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Xavier » June 2nd, 2009, 11:25 pm

I have seen a Nirnroot completely underwater in a well in Cheydinhal (might be a different city). You see one in there when you do a Mage's Guild Quest.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » June 2nd, 2009, 11:28 pm

Xavier wrote:I have seen a Nirnroot completely underwater in a well in Cheydinhal (might be a different city). You see one in there when you do a Mage's Guild Quest.

? Really ? :shock:

That would be wierd. "AAAAAHH!" *splash* "I fell into this well! How do I get out? HELP-wait a minute... What is that?" *Plucks Nirnroot* "Oh, look. A Nirnroot. Now how do I get out of here... HELP!!!"
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » June 3rd, 2009, 3:15 am

Xavier wrote:I have seen a Nirnroot completely underwater in a well in Cheydinhal (might be a different city). You see one in there when you do a Mage's Guild Quest.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing that Nirnroot before. I guess I meant to say that the majority of Nirnroots are not found underwater. I have seen Nirnroots underwater before, but I mostly see them along the coasts of bodies of water.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby The Ninja » June 4th, 2009, 6:01 am

I always liked the quest where you go "into" the painting. Beautiful as it is, it is even cooler when you near the end of the painting. It is like looking out to the end of the world. PFS.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Katherine » June 4th, 2009, 1:55 pm

Tom wrote:
Katherine wrote:Maybe if I walked on water it would be less boring because I usually swim along the coast and its so sloooow :shock:

Well, Nirnroots don't grow in the water, so you'd probably be best walking along the paths that follow the coast of the Niben Bay. You could swim or walk on the water, but I feel that it's better to walk along the coast on dry land when trying to find Nirnroots.

hmm, I see what you mean but I find i get a better view swimming or walking close to the shore, because when i'm on the land sometimes the Nirnroots are obscured by rocks etc from that angle... I guess it depends on how flat the land is - that and those pesky mudcrabs make me jumpy ( you know how the music changes when you're under attack) so I'm like argh bandits!!! and I do a 360 looking around me with my weapons ready ....and it turns out to be a stupid mudcrab thats still chasing me from like a mile away >_<
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion