OR  

favorite/least favorite quests

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

favorite/least favorite quests

Postby Joe » May 12th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Well my favorite quest is one in the dark brotherhood. It's called "Whodunit?". You are in a mansion with 5 other people and you have a contract that says you have to kill them without the others knowing. They think they are in some type of game looking to see who finds the gold that is 'hidden in the house. Of course this was setup and there is no gold and they are locked in.

My least favorite mission was when you have to find all of the ingredients for a vampire cure. I was so sick of being one I really wanted to do this, but it took forever.
Joe
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 91
Characters: 1

Re: favorite/least favorite quests

Postby The Black Arrow » May 12th, 2009, 7:53 pm

AHHH, you read my mind. I love the "Whodunit" mission too. <3 Other than that one, its "The Ultimate Heist" ("Capitol!" :lol: ), and "Paranoia", which was my first Misc. mission EVER.

Least favorite...The Purification. :cry:

The Vampire Cure mission isn't that hard if you know where to find the stuff. I have about 5 Grand Souls gems with me at any given time (I am an enchanting junkie), I have 62 pieces of Bloodgrass, garlic is in Rosethorn Hall, I love Nightshade I've been carrying a piece around since I became Listener, Argonian blood? Pfft, easy. Vampire ashes? She practically GIVES that to you. But why on earth would you collect all of that anyway? Being a vampire is amazing <3 I've been a vampire almost as long as Ive been playing (112 out of the 138 days so far).
---Est. 2009---
*moved into Rosethorn Hall, Evening Star 18th*
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » May 14th, 2009, 3:40 pm

My favourite quest is the one I've made for myself - my ongoing military campaign against the Empire's forces. Of course, in-game quests like Azani's Fighters Guild quest are good. My favourite would probably be that one.

My least favourite is The Sunken One. It's just a dungeon crawl, really, but so much more could have been done it's annoying that you only have what they've given you.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Postby Tom » May 15th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:My least favourite is The Sunken One. It's just a dungeon crawl, really, but so much more could have been done it's annoying that you only have what they've given you.

I see your point. And then, you turn around and see a Storm Atronach and that is supposed to be "The Sunken One". All it takes it a couple swipes of my Daedric claymore to kill him. It wasn't much of a mission, but it gave me something to do.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Eskayti » May 19th, 2009, 9:01 pm

Ha! I agree totally! Quite disappointing.

Some of the miscellaneous quests are fun and 'pay-off' a bit, or at least enough to make it worthwhile. Some seem more like 'busy work' with no real point in the end.

The Ultimate Heist is one of my favorites, I wish it were a bit longer though ... I guess for me all the Thieves Guild quests go too fast - like swiping Hrormir's Staff. I'm always already the Arch-Mage when I do this one and all you have to do is walk in and grab it off the dresser.

I found the Fighter's Stronghold disappointing, there's soooo much more that could have been done with that! I still use it though. I think my all-time favorite is the main quest for the Shivering Isles. Sheogorath is just the best NPC ever.
Cat's out of the bag on that one! Who puts cats in bags anyway? Cats hate bags.
Eskayti
Beggar

Forum Posts: 25

Postby Teinaava » May 19th, 2009, 9:10 pm

Eskayti wrote:Sheogorath is just the best NPC ever.

No he's not, Teinaava is. :P

My favourite quest is either "Whodunit?" or "The Renegade Shadowscale." My least favourite is "The Purification."
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby J'Ghasta » May 20th, 2009, 7:17 am

Teinaava wrote:
Eskayti wrote:Sheogorath is just the best NPC ever.

No he's not, Teinaava is. :P

."

how could I guess that
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101

Postby Legolastom » May 22nd, 2009, 2:29 am

Ulrich.

Whenever I walk up to him and speak to him, there isn't any text on my screen and the camera just zooms in on his face and he shouts "BASTARD" without his lips moving, then the conversation automatically ends and he walks off. How rude.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43

Postby Katherine » May 26th, 2009, 10:56 am

So far my favourites have been : An unexpected Voyage, Sheograth's quest, Paranoia, Siren's deception, Where Spirits have lease

My least favourite is : Seeking your roots ( I still haven't completed it, I really can't be arsed :roll: ) Also, all the tasks I had to do to get reccomendations to enter the Mage University :P
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48

Postby Tom » May 27th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Katherine wrote:Also, all the tasks I had to do to get reccomendations to enter the Mage University :P

Yes, those were some of my least favorite quests, as well. I'm not a huge fan of quests-within-quests because it makes you lose track of what you're trying to achieve.

Also, Seeking Your Roots is a bit annoying, but it can be fun searching for Nirnroots because you'll see a lot of sights around Cyrodiil on the journey. Just look along the coastline of the Niben Bay - there are a lot of them around there.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion