OR  

I'd like advice on a new custom class.

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

I'd like advice on a new custom class.

Postby maslany xtlx » August 3rd, 2009, 7:03 am

Just want advice. Im creating a class with these 7 major skills, its a dark elf, id like to know which specialization and attributes YOU think are best.
Skills are:
Blade
Security
Sneak
Marksman
Mercantile
Conjuration
Destruction

So should my specialization be..Combat Magic or Stealth? and why?

what should my two main attributes be? and why?

also, and ideas on a good sign?

and i picked no armor, instead of one or the other, or both because picking both takes up two major skills and if i pick one i always end up wanting to mix between heavy and light due to enchantments and such. i figured i put in so much play time that i can level them up slowly, and concentrate on other things. What are your thoughts on this?
maslany xtlx
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 1

Re: I'd like advice on a new custom class.

Postby Teinaava » August 3rd, 2009, 4:57 pm

For your specialization, I suggest Stealth as the class seems to be geared more towards stealth. For the Attributes, I suggest Agility and Strength. Agility will allow you to do more damage with bows as well as affecting Sneak and Security. Strength will let you do more damage with Blade and increase your encumbrance. For your birthsign, I suggest the Thief, as your character is geared more towards stealth.

maslany xtlx wrote:and i picked no armor, instead of one or the other, or both because picking both takes up two major skills and if i pick one i always end up wanting to mix between heavy and light due to enchantments and such. i figured i put in so much play time that i can level them up slowly, and concentrate on other things. What are your thoughts on this?

I think that's fine. Both types of armor are easy to level up, so not choosing either as a major won't really affect anything.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Grayfox » August 3rd, 2009, 11:50 pm

Decide your attributes, birthsign, skills, specialty, etc, on what your playing style is.

My playing style is RPing a guy who can fight straight forward, but also has a stealth skill.

I put his birthsign as the Warrior, specialty as combat, and attributes as Endurance and Strength.

For me, I focused my character on one thing, at least that stuff.

For his skills, there were blade, block, heavy armor, and athletics put towards combat. I put security and sneak for a stealth skill, along with alchemy, so I could have another way to make money.

When I leveled him, I focused on getting my strength and endurance up. However, I enhanced his agility.

If you want a Dunmer, then you will have a guy who is decent at everything. He won't be good nor bad at anything.

With my character, I focused on a main thing- combat, and I used stealth as a side thing, enhancing it too, and using it literally to enhance the main skill.

It all depends on the playing style, but you want to give your character a good way to:

A) Make money: Money is good!

B) Protect himself: Whether it be by hiding, magic, or armor.

C) Fight: Magic, or combat.

You want a money skill, a weapon skill, and a protection skill. Magic can use a couple for those.

It depends on how you play. Explain to us how you want to play, and we will hook you up.
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » August 12th, 2009, 5:57 am

maslany xtlx wrote:Skills are:
Blade
Security
Sneak
Marksman
Mercantile
Conjuration
Destruction

Not bad skill selection.

maslany xtlx wrote:So should my specialization be..Combat Magic or Stealth? and why?

Stealth is my preference, but combat is good too. (Go with Stealth!)

The attributes depend on the class specialization.

The sign as well. (I like Thief and Steed. Theif is better though.)
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Return to Oblivion Discussion