OR  

Hilarious

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Hilarious

Postby whoman69 » September 15th, 2009, 11:27 pm

My main character is level 28. He had been pretty busy taking down oblivion gates, side missions, mages guild and just visiting caves and never got around to the arena despite my friends telling me I should. I have the Escutcheon of Chorrol which gives me 35 % damage reflection and a sword which has a transcendent sigil stone enchantment for 25 pts of health absorbtion. I would cast various spells to fortify my attributes and shield spells along with a shock shield spell before going into battle. I didn't even take any damage for the first six matches. My hardest match was against the argonian prisoners, one of whom got in a lucky shot which knocked me off my feet. I did the quest to find the grey princes' origin. I put on sneak, moved behind him and took him out in one shot. I got a new appreciation for my character's combat abilities. Mostly he uses destruction magic, so it was a surprise. It was a blast after going thru before with my level 8 character and finding it to be a cakewalk.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Re: Hilarious

Postby whoman69 » September 17th, 2009, 7:08 pm

Another goofy situation this morning. Was trying to buy the house in Skingrad and was looking for the seller all around. The arrow pointed to an empty spot just outside the west gate. Went to the wiki and found out this guy has a habit of slipping off the bridge on his way from the castle to the town. Clumsy. Good thing there's no OSHA report. Or maybe he should stop drinking.
whoman69
Adventurer

Postby kakejero » November 25th, 2009, 4:11 pm

uh huh ;)
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby whoman69 » November 26th, 2009, 12:56 am

Ok, my latest weird experience was walking around just north of the Priory of the Nine. I found a place near nothing called abandoned house which didn't show on the map. Walked in and only found a bandit there, not much else. When I walked out I got the message that I had discovered a gate of oblivion. I turned around and a gate had built up over where the house was. weird.
whoman69
Adventurer

Postby The Ninja » November 26th, 2009, 4:13 am

whoman69 wrote:Ok, my latest weird experience was walking around just north of the Priory of the Nine. I found a place near nothing called abandoned house which didn't show on the map. Walked in and only found a bandit there, not much else. When I walked out I got the message that I had discovered a gate of oblivion. I turned around and a gate had built up over where the house was. weird.

I would like to see this confirmed with Before and After pictures. How 'bout it, Xavier or Tom? Perhaps Kestral or Taylor?
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby whoman69 » December 1st, 2009, 4:59 am

I misremembered, its called Isolated House.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Isolated_House
whoman69
Adventurer

Postby Tom » December 1st, 2009, 9:22 pm

I remember finding that house a long time ago. I was quite intrigued by it, but I never found a Bandit living inside.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Twilight » December 2nd, 2009, 1:25 am

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Isolated_House

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQnIXReCQ2A - 1:46

The house has 2 Bandits in it, that respawn. It's basically a mini cave. An Oblivion Gate does have a chance to open up inside of it, destroying the house. After completing the Weynon Priory quest and before completing Light the Dragonfires in the MQ.
~ See the world in simple Black & White ~
Twilight
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 1
Characters: 1

Postby The Ninja » December 9th, 2009, 2:56 am

I've seen that before. I just didn't remember the story that happened. It's been a while and I want to get TES IV back from my older brother. It'll take some persuasive action toward my father, but I think I might be able to get it back.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby kakejero » December 10th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Any other glitches?
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Next