OR  

The Magicka Exploit

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: The Magicka Exploit

Postby kakejero » December 10th, 2009, 3:26 pm

Wow, It actually works, the only problem im having is overlapping. What is the paint brush glitch, what does it do exactly? any benefits? :|
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby kakejero » December 10th, 2009, 3:39 pm

I made a bunch of Duplicates, and now Im stinkin rich, I'll need that money to Uber spells. I just need to overlap my stats. thats the hard part.

Heck, I even kept duplicating my scrolls. it is 613 now. It will probably make my game go freeze. but its worth it.
Last edited by Tom on December 10th, 2009, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged two posts into one.
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby The Ninja » December 11th, 2009, 12:08 am

Tom wrote:I keep every paint brush I find in a drawer in my Bravil home. I've never really used the glitch to my advantage, but with the amount of paint brushes I have by now, I could probably build a latter to the sky.

Ladder*

;)

And, yes, that has been done before. I saw a video of a guy that duped a TON of paintbrushes and made a spiralling staircase. By the time he jumped off the top he was so high that he couldn't see the ground. Then... *CRUNCH went his knees* *Death Shriek*
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Teinaava » December 11th, 2009, 4:17 am

kakejero wrote:What is the paint brush glitch, what does it do exactly? any benefits? :|

Due to a glitch in the game, paintbrushes will float when you drop them. This allows you to create "ladders" to otherwise unaccesible places by dropping some, jumping on them, and dropping some more.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Draggy » December 11th, 2009, 8:43 am

Would anybody know if you can HexEdit or edit Oblivion saves in some other way on the PS3? I'm usually not a hacker/cheater, but in a massive game like Oblivion, hacking could be basically defined as "modding".
>)-db)-)<(d-b)>(-(db-(< Avarus animus nullo satiatur lucro >)-db)-)<(d-b)>(-(db-(<
Draggy
Beggar

Forum Posts: 12
Characters: 1

Postby Teinaava » December 12th, 2009, 6:29 am

Draggy wrote:Would anybody know if you can HexEdit or edit Oblivion saves in some other way on the PS3? I'm usually not a hacker/cheater, but in a massive game like Oblivion, hacking could be basically defined as "modding".

I don't think there's anyway to mod the PS3 version of the game, because doing so would probably require you to know information about the encryption methods, which you probably have to get through illegal means.* Also, if you could mod the PS3, I wouldn't recommend it because you'll void your warranty and will probably get kicked off the PlayStation Network. If you have a decent computer, I would suggest getting it for that as you can buy it pretty cheap now (you could probably get it for under $20 (€13.6))

*Do not discuss any illegal activities here or your post will be deleted and you will get a warning.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Draggy » December 12th, 2009, 3:14 pm

I apologise, didn't know editing saves was illegal in offline games, though unofficial cheating is usually considered illegal any way. I had the game for my PC but it crashed as soon as the game started, nothing seemed to fix it, guess my computer is a bit too old. Ended up giving it to a friend.
>)-db)-)<(d-b)>(-(db-(< Avarus animus nullo satiatur lucro >)-db)-)<(d-b)>(-(db-(<
Draggy
Beggar

Postby Tom » December 12th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Draggy wrote:I had the game for my PC but it crashed as soon as the game started, nothing seemed to fix it, guess my computer is a bit too old. Ended up giving it to a friend.

Not to get off-topic here, but does your computer meet the minimum system requirements of Oblivion? If it does, then maybe there is something else causing the problem.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Draggy » December 12th, 2009, 10:45 pm

I'm not very good with computers if the subject is not related to games, but I remember that I didn't have enough GHz. The game was installed via admin so there should not had been any problems. I didn't try to install any mods or mess around with the game files before starting it up either. About half a year ago I tried Earned in Blood, it worked fine though FPS was pretty low. Perhaps it's my video card, but that wouldn't explain why it crashed.
Draggy
Beggar

Postby Tom » December 13th, 2009, 2:13 am

Draggy wrote:Perhaps it's my video card, but that wouldn't explain why it crashed.

The game could certainly crash because of an insufficient video card or problems with the video card's drivers. I know you said you're not good with computes, but do you know if you have the latest drivers installed for your video card?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion