OR  

opinion requested

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

opinion requested

Postby grannas211 » February 9th, 2010, 5:16 am

This is actually my first post on here, although I'm not new to TES series. I just have a question, sorta looking for some ideas if anyone is willing to throw some out there. You see Ive always played as a theif/rogue kinda deal almost always using Argonians. Ive recently decided to try a human race. Ive decided on Breton. I keep making ones but I just end up not liking them. I started out as a pure mage, but then scrapped that as I just didnt have enough magicka with the mage birthsign to do what I wanted to do. So if anyone has any ideas for a Breton build thanks for sharing your idea.
grannas211
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 3
Characters: 0

Re: opinion requested

Postby Tom » February 9th, 2010, 12:20 pm

If you want to see an interesting Breton build, take a look at my very first character Tom. He's a Breton with a birthsight of The Thief and the class Thief. I was never able to get much magicka as a Breton either, so I decided to go for an interesting combo with that character. Anyway, just another idea that you may find interesting. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby whoman69 » February 12th, 2010, 1:49 am

Perhaps you need to elaborate what it is you want to do that a Breton cannot. They have the 2nd most magicka amongst all races with a 50 point bonus and a hearty magic resistance. They add a +10 intelligence which is another 20 magicka right there. Combine that with a class that has intelligence as a primary attribute and mage birthsign which is another +50 and you're starting out with 210 magicka. That is nothing to sneeze at. You can increase that to an initial 310 if you choose the Atronach birthsign but you will need a strategy to continue to replenish your magicka. If you're needing to get beyond that without cheats then you will need to create items with fortify magicka. The most powerful of these would be +50 magicka from a transcendant sigil stone, but you will need to be at least level 16 for that.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby grannas211 » February 12th, 2010, 3:33 am

Actually sorry for not clarifying I guess, but something not strictly mage. Just something different I guess. I do appreciate Toms idea, might give that a try, maybe a theif with a little magic.
grannas211
Mudcrab

Characters: 0

Postby Scorpius » February 12th, 2010, 11:03 pm

[quote="whoman69"] They have the 2nd most magicka amongst all races with a 50 point bonus and a hearty magic resistance.

does the Altmer (high elf) have the most magicka? just wanted to squeeze that quick question in there. thanks
-cw
~Scorpius

Scorpius
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 6
Characters: 1

Postby grannas211 » February 13th, 2010, 3:00 am

Bretons have +50 and Altmers have +100
grannas211
Mudcrab