OR  

Heavy or light?

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Heavy or light?

Postby redguard_master » July 1st, 2010, 4:45 am

And then the ninja gets killed by a spartan.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116
Characters: 2

Postby Tom » July 1st, 2010, 10:34 pm

According to SpikeTV's show Deadliest Warrior, that is likely how a confrontation between a Spartan and a Ninja would have went. :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby scrimmythefox » July 1st, 2010, 10:54 pm

actually my character who is a master of sneak and acrobatics can sneak and jump jut fine. not so much with the jumping but if you level your armor skills it doesnt matter how light or heavy it is because it doesnt encumber you
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 83

Postby redguard_master » July 2nd, 2010, 5:24 am

Tom wrote:According to SpikeTV's show Deadliest Warrior, that is likely how a confrontation between a Spartan and a Ninja would have went. :)

Ahh you got my refrence. Course to be fair the simulator runs a direct head-to=head fight. That's the spartan's bag, ninjas not so much. Oh and yep light armors gives you the encumberance free much sooner. Though for me using my build I have to use both armor classes. I need the lindai helm for 100 resist magic and I need the ecutcheon for 100 reflect melee. So if I wanted to be a light armor user I'd wind up with a cruddy AC cuase light armor demands total fidelity.
redguard_master
Protector

Postby scrimmythefox » July 3rd, 2010, 6:57 pm

i agree with that. i prefer heavy armor. i have a soft spot for ebony and daedric. but when it comes to enchanted you gotta mix sometimes to get the effects you want.
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 83

Postby souro » July 9th, 2010, 5:51 am

i prefer light. why? cause, if i come against a conjurer i want to actully HIT him, instead of chase him hoping he will get trapped in a corner.

heavy armor? if i was playing an orc or nord i would use it, but i never play orcs or nords.
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

Postby redguard_master » July 9th, 2010, 6:54 am

Oh the speed penalty goes away at heavy mastery.
redguard_master
Protector

Postby souro » July 14th, 2010, 11:07 pm

im not sure about you, but the word "mastery" makes me beleive i have to live with the speed penalty for quite some time.
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

Postby redguard_master » July 16th, 2010, 5:28 am

at heavy armor the weight isn't totally eliminated until 100 yes.
redguard_master
Protector

Postby Nucleon » September 1st, 2010, 2:18 am

Depends on the fighting style (boring answer - but that does not make it less true)

If you like to harass you ennemy with speed and manoeuvers, light armor is the way (and my way). But if you like going in strong, block the blows and slash-a-fest, heavy armor's the ticket.

What I like about heavy armor, is that it builds up Endurance early in the game. What I don't like about it, is the fact that it weights a ton, and cuts through your carrying capacity at the same stage.

My favorite light armor is Elven. Looks great on my feminine characters.

The heavy armor I like best is Ebony, for the looks.
Nucleon
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 9
Characters: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Oblivion Discussion