OR  

"Days Passed"

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

"Days Passed"

Postby Nucleon » September 1st, 2010, 6:31 am

Do you stress about the number of days that has passed in relation to what your character achieved within this time?

Do you like to take your sweet time and be level 14 after a year's time, or do you strive to get to level 42 on the 64th day?

How long do you keep the Amulet of Kings before bringing it tp Jauffre?

What do you typically consider a reasonnable amount of "days passed" before the Main Quest is through? Three months? A year? Two?

Inquiring minds, you see... :ugeek:
Nucleon
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 9
Characters: 4

Re: "Days Passed"

Postby Tom » September 1st, 2010, 6:39 am

I used to think about the number of days passed for my character and I used to try to compare my progress to other characters based on the number of days passed. But I don't worry about that statistic as much anymore (partly because I don't play as much as I used to). ;)

It's definitely a stat that I like to keep an eye on, but I like to enjoy my time playing Oblivion, and sometimes wasting a few days here and there for random traveling or just walking around a city and talking to people isn't a big deal, even if it doesn't do anything to increase any skills of mine.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby redguard_master » September 6th, 2010, 7:20 am

I tried to keep it down as much as I could. Using shadowmere for fast travel and stuff as soon as I got her. But as for rest I never minded leaving stuff hanging so to speak.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116
Characters: 2

Postby dallen68 » September 7th, 2010, 7:54 pm

I generally take my time. Well, actually the way I 'usually' play ES games is "hurry up and get the non-sense MQ over with, so I can play" . (I found fallout very disappointing for this reason). After that, I spend years exploring.
dallen68
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 1
Characters: 1

Postby souro » September 24th, 2010, 12:02 am

i never have a player for very long. and the ones who i have played with for a really long time i only got to the defense of bruma. the problem with that is that i got stuck behind an invisible wall.

every time i try to do something a bug gets in the way...
every time you get a new hammer, a giant orc comes with a bigger one and hits you with it until you give up your hammer. thats why i dont have hammers.
souro
Citizen

Forum Posts: 42
Characters: 3

Postby The Ninja » September 24th, 2010, 6:25 pm

That sucks, souro. Ever tried connecting to the internet with a FREE silver XBOX Live account? They will install updates once you boot up the game. Free, I say! /Salesperson speech
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Return to Oblivion Discussion