OR  

Finding Your Mod Index Value

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Re: Finding Your Mod Index Value

Postby Codex » April 21st, 2009, 8:56 pm

Tom wrote:Most Oblivion mods for the PC are free, unless the author of the mod chooses to put it up for sale.

Yeah, but if you use anything models or textures from the game in your mod, you can't sell it since Bethesda owns the rights. The only way you can legally make money on a mod, is if you make everything yourself (textures, models, etc.).
Codex
Citizen

Forum Posts: 30
Characters: 3

Postby Tom » April 23rd, 2009, 2:16 am

Codex wrote:
Tom wrote:Most Oblivion mods for the PC are free, unless the author of the mod chooses to put it up for sale.

Yeah, but if you use anything models or textures from the game in your mod, you can't sell it since Bethesda owns the rights. The only way you can legally make money on a mod, is if you make everything yourself (textures, models, etc.).

That's true, but if a mod only contains some sort of code edit, then technically the mod belongs entirely to you. But, I suppose that's one of the rarer cases. Most mods for Oblivion involve textures and models that were introduced in the game by Bethesda, so I can see why that would be illegal. I have seen Oblivion mods for sale, though, I'm just not sure whether or not they used content from Bethesda.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Hirschy » April 23rd, 2009, 11:27 am

Teinaava wrote:
oxbutcherox wrote:oh and its doesnt exist for xbox 360 or ps3?

Yes, you can only get mods on the PC.

Yeah thats the one downside of useing the 360 :cry: you cant get mods and some of the mods i've seen around the internet look really good!!!

Oh well i still enjoy this game without mods.

- Hirschy
To the World you may be a man, but to to someone you may be the "World"
Unknown source
Hirschy
Beggar

Forum Posts: 17
Characters: 1

Postby Xavier » April 24th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Yeah you can do a lot more with the PC with games. Like map making and all that. One of the reasons I love PC.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Previous

Return to Oblivion Discussion