OR  

Mass Effect 2

Discuss all topics related to gaming and non-Elder Scrolls games in here.

MASS EFFECT 3!!!

Already pre-ordered it. (Normal edition)
No votes
Already pre-ordered it. (Collector's edition)
No votes
Will buy/pre-order, but haven't done so yet.
No votes
Won't buy.
100%
Other (Please Specify!)
No votes

Total votes : 1

Mass Effect 2

Postby The Ninja » February 1st, 2010, 6:09 pm

Great game, all discussion should take place here.

I am currently enjoying being a Vanguard. (Biotics and Shotguns for the win.) I am also following the Paragon path; The only drawback is that I cannot choose the best response sometimes, since I am so "nice."
Last edited by The Ninja on February 25th, 2012, 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Re: Mass Effect 2

Postby Xavier » February 1st, 2010, 11:51 pm

I heard that this game was really good. I like how you can upload your old Mass Effect 1 character and it will determine some of your paths in the new game.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Teinaava » February 2nd, 2010, 1:39 pm

Xavier wrote:I like how you can upload your old Mass Effect 1 character and it will determine some of your paths in the new game.

That’s probably one of my favorite things about Mass Effect 2. I did that with my character, and it’s cool to run into some random guy you talked to once, and he remembers you. You also sometimes get e-mails from people you talked to in the first game saying hi and talking about how they’ve been.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Xavier » February 3rd, 2010, 9:06 pm

Teinaava wrote:
Xavier wrote:I like how you can upload your old Mass Effect 1 character and it will determine some of your paths in the new game.

That’s probably one of my favorite things about Mass Effect 2. I did that with my character, and it’s cool to run into some random guy you talked to once, and he remembers you. You also sometimes get e-mails from people you talked to in the first game saying hi and talking about how they’ve been.

Wow, that's awesome. It must have taken them a while to create this game.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Teinaava » February 4th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Xavier wrote:Wow, that's awesome. It must have taken them a while to create this game.

Well, Mass Effect 1 came out 2 years ago, so they’ve probably been working on it for that long. They must have spent a lot of time recording the voice acting, because there’s a lot of dialogue in the game.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Postby The Ninja » February 4th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Now I'm mad that I didn't play the first game... I didn't know all that would happen!

But, it is still a VERY fun game... The first thing most hardcore RPG players say about the class system is: ONLY SIX!?!? But, they are all VERY ballenced classes. If you go straight Tech, then you may only use SMGs and Pistols, but you have more Tech abilities than ANYONE does. That might seem obvious, but what I'm saying is, you have at least two Tech abilities that no one can aquire but YOUR class. Same with Adept (Only Biotics). If you pick a top of the line and combat centered soldier, you don't have any powers, but you can hold all of the weapons in the game and have the ability to use "Adrenaline Rush," which slows time for a little while, allowing you to be more presice and deadly with every movement. The classes that lie inbetween every type of skill are 50/50. But this doesn't mean, "Oh, I'm 50/50, so I cannot be the best biotic, tech, or combat user in the game." This is just NOT true! For the Vanguard (my personal favorite) You may have some combat skill and some biotic skill, but you have a special ability that no one else has. "Charge" is a unique biotic ability that lets you fly in on targets in slow motion fast enough that you see bullets soar by as if they were were hardly moving at all. Every class has something the other doesn't. And even if six classes aren't enough, to you, you have way to much time on your hands to play through all sick of them and get bored.

Footage of each class is below:

Adept: 100% Biotics
Engineer: 100% Tech
Infiltrator: 50/50 Combat and Tech
Sentinal: 50/50 Biotic and Tech
Soldier: 100% Combat
Vanguard: 50/50 Combat and Biotics

I would go on (I'd love to), but I'm short on time. Last thing: The Infiltrator is my second favorite class, I'm sure you know why after watching the profile video.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Teinaava » February 5th, 2010, 9:22 pm

The Ninja wrote: If you pick a top of the line and combat centered soldier, you don't have any powers, but you can hold all of the weapons in the game...

Soldiers can't use Submachine Guns, though they can use everything else.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Postby The Ninja » February 8th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Teinaava wrote:
The Ninja wrote: If you pick a top of the line and combat centered soldier, you don't have any powers, but you can hold all of the weapons in the game...

Soldiers can't use Submachine Guns, though they can use everything else.

My bad... THe mod is correct, as is most always the case.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby The Ninja » February 10th, 2010, 12:05 am

Oh, just as a tip, if Jack and Miranda EVER get into a frenzy against one another, the one who you defend is going to the extreme. The other will be pissed at you. Big mistake on my part. I though I was just going to go, "Hey, you guys, cut it out!" But you actually piss off the other person so much as to make their loyalty decrease.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Teinaava » February 10th, 2010, 1:40 pm

The Ninja wrote:Oh, just as a tip, if Jack and Miranda EVER get into a frenzy against one another, the one who you defend is going to the extreme. The other will be pissed at you. Big mistake on my part. I though I was just going to go, "Hey, you guys, cut it out!" But you actually piss off the other person so much as to make their loyalty decrease.

If you have enough paragon or renegade, there should be more dialogue options (the blue or red ones) that will let you calm them down without upsetting either one.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Next

Return to General Gaming