OR  

The Elder Scrolls V - General Discussion & News

Discuss anything about the latest addition to the Elder Scrolls series, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, in here.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V

Postby Tom » December 16th, 2010, 11:10 pm

I was very surprised when I heard this announced on the VGAs this year. Great way to unveil the new installment.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Xavier » December 16th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Hell yeah. I'm looking forward to what kind of things they will be adding and removing and all that good stuff. Hopefully they can make magic more in depth and intricate. Also, that'd be cool if they got rid of the charging system for magic weapons and just made so you didn't have to charge it. Maybe there could be different kind of drawback to having a magic weapon.

YE!
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » December 17th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Less hack'n'slash and more intricate close combat would be appreciated. Maybe hand-to-hand could be more than just fists. Like, assassinations/takedowns if you catch them off guard. :) Maybe kicks could be in order? And I want to cross races!

EDIT: Leaked gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbgyUSIP ... _embedded#!

Not as good as I was hoping, but it isn't the finished product.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby The Ninja » December 19th, 2010, 11:37 pm

Mk, sources suggest that the "leaked video" is simply a mod. Both arguments are valid, but I am with the source. I perfer the fifth Elder Scrolls to be significantly better.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby The Ninja » January 4th, 2011, 5:47 am

So excited! Can't wait for it.... But I have to... 10 months, and change. Random question, but just wondering, mods:

How much revamp are you going to need to do for the new character template, do you think?
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » January 4th, 2011, 12:38 pm

The Ninja wrote:How much revamp are you going to need to do for the new character template, do you think?

That's a good question. It's something I've been contemplating ever since Bethesda announced TESV a while back. Unfortunately, when I developed The Elder Stats, I only had in mind designing the website to be geared toward Oblivion characters. Had I built it with more flexibility (coding wise), then creating a "branch-off" of the website for TESV would be less of a hassle. However, we would like to create a TESV branch of The Elder Stats after our team has some time to play through the new game, take some screenshots, and get the general sense of what would be good on a character's profile for TESV (as well as what would need to be changed on character profiles for the new game). I'm thinking of leaving the current website as-is and creating a separate section of the website for TESV characters, and having it separately distinguished from the Oblivion characters portion of the current site, yet easy to get to and easy to switch back and forth between the two sections.

Ultimately, we need to devise a detailed plan of how we're going to handle the building of a new branch of The Elder Stats for TESV. We are planning to leave the current site untouched to allow Oblivion characters to continue to be posted unaffected, though.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby The Ninja » January 4th, 2011, 9:29 pm

You mean having subsection of the tabs above?

>Home< | >Stats< | >UCP< | >Forum< | >About<

*Hovers over Stats, little bar drops down and says "Oblivion Characters" and another box underneath that reads "Skyrim Characters"*

Like that?
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » January 4th, 2011, 9:37 pm

Well, not exactly. I was thinking of having completely separate "copies" of the site for Oblivion and Skyrim. Now, I'm not really sure that this is going to be what we will do and it may not be the best idea, as I'd like to try to integrate the two sections of the site as best as possible. However, having two separate hubs for each game may be the best way to go about this. The forum, though, would remain the same for both sections of the website, if we do end up taking this path.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby The Ninja » January 5th, 2011, 2:24 am

Hmm... That might be a little annoying...

"Okay, this topic I like is on the general board on THIS Elderstats forum... And the other is on the general board in the OTHER Elderstats forum...." *switches back and forth repeatedly....*

Lol, just saying it might be a little too much work, but what do I know. :mrgreen:
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » January 5th, 2011, 9:39 pm

I said that we would not have two separate forums, so both sites would be linking to the same exact forum. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Skyrim Discussion