OR  

Elder Stats Development Blog

All announcements regarding The Elder Stats website and forum are located in here.

Back to Blogging

Postby Tom » April 24th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Wow...it sure has been a long time since I've last written in this blog. A lot has changed on The Elder Stats since then, and I would like to say something quite simple for my first time back blogging in a couple months.

With all of the new features that The Elder Stats has to offer, many members have been registering lately. I am very happy to see this, and I feel that the site will continue to expand as more people find out about it. I have been encouraging others to post suggestions on the Forum recently, and I have received some good suggestions - some of which I've already put into action on The Elder Stats. Now, I want everyone to note one thing: even if I do not reply to your suggestion or implement your suggestion right away, please understand that your suggestions matter to us! I am the only developer and maintainer of The Elder Stats, and my schedule is quite busy around this time of year, so I may not be able to get to all of your suggestions right away. However, please understand that your suggestions are greatly appreciated! I will have more time to work on The Elder Stats in a couple of months, but this time of the year is always quite busy for me.

When my schedule calms down, I do plan on adding many more new and exciting features to The Elder Stats. First of all, I have heard of some very good suggestions lately, and I am ready to implement most of them when I get the time. Second, I have gotten a lot of useful feedback on revising the character Score system, and I plan on revising the character Score system within the next couple of months. And, finally, I plan on taking more suggestions as time goes on and implementing more new features as well. Once my schedule calms down, I will be active and adding new features to The Elder Stats as often as is possible.

Thank you for reading this entry, and please rest assured that I plan on doing a lot more with The Elder Stats in the future. Once I have more time in the coming months, you will begin to see a lot more showing up on this website. Thank you to all of our current members who are currently active on The Elder Stats, and I look forward to seeing you around the website.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

A New Fix for Character Editing

Postby Tom » June 4th, 2009, 4:36 pm

This is sort of a quick development update, but I figured that it would be good for our members to know about it.

Previously, if a character of yours used a custom class, you were required to create that custom class in the UCP before you went on to create a new character, and you would select the custom class from the dropdown list of classes when creating the character. Well, it seems that many members have been running into problems with the system of adding custom classes before creating characters that use those custom classes. Members would often create the character first and select a default class from the dropdown list, and then they would go to create the custom class for the character after they created the character - only to find that they were not able to change that character's class after they had already created him/her. I've noticed this problem, and so I made a quick fix to the Character Modification Panel. If you go to modify your characters, you now have the ability to change the class of your character right there. That means that you are no longer required to create the custom class before you create the respective character. Hopefully this solves a lot of the confusion for new members who create their character first, and then proceed to create the custom class only to find that they can't make their character use that custom class. It's a small update, but I feel that it will help make the lives of some of our members a lot easier, especially for our newer members who are new to the character creation system.

On a side note before I wrap up: We have a few new and interesting features planned for The Elder Stats! These new features will be developed this Summer, and hopefully we will see most of the new features released and ready to be used on The Elder Stats by August of this year. Some of these new features include a character awards system, the ability to compare two characters together, and the ability to choose which stats you want to be shown on each of your characters' Stat Cards. More features and fixes are also planned, but these three are probably the most interesting to the community. We're hoping to have these features released, as previously mentioned, but August of this year.

That's it for this development update. We hope you are enjoying your experience on The Elder Stats! Any questions, comments, or feature requests pertaining to The Elder Stats can be posted in The Elder Stats Discussion forum - we welcome your feedback! :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Previous

Return to Site Announcements