OR  

Elder Stats Graphic Design Blog

All announcements regarding The Elder Stats website and forum are located in here.

Elder Stats Graphic Design Blog

Postby Xavier » November 11th, 2008, 11:35 pm

The Elder Stats Graphic Design Blog
Written by: Xavier
Contains all the latest news on the progression of graphic designing related to The Elder Stats website.
Click here to comment on this blog!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

In this topic, each of my posts will be made like a blog. This blog will contain news on the progression of graphic designing related to The Elder Stats website. What that means is, I will be posting some screenshots showing things such as what the stats page and User Control Panel will look like, along with an explanation. This blog will be updated regularly, so make sure you check in when you can to stay informed.
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Design for Stat Page

Postby Xavier » November 12th, 2008, 12:12 am

Hello everybody, this is my first blog post. I'm glad I am going to finally release some screenshots to the public. First of all, I am going to be showing main stat page. There are going to be some adjustments made to it but this is what I have so far:

Main Stat Page

You can comment on what you think of it in the discussion topic. I have more pages created, I just wanted to release this one for now to see what people are looking for. Oh, and before anyone asks, all of the words I put into the input fields are just examples.

You can comment on this blog post/blog in the discussion topic.
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

New Design for User Profiles

Postby Xavier » December 14th, 2008, 8:08 pm

As the Elder Stats is nearing completion, I'd just like to show you a new thing I have created. Here is the new forum profile I created, you can view it here. The top left box shows your username, your avatar, and your forum rank. To the right of that is just other information. Below that shows all of your characters with their level, race, and class. When the actual forum profiles are created you will be able to click on the character name and it will link to that character profile. Now, to the right of that is all of the custom classes you have created. It shows the seven major skills you assigned to it in icons. In the forum profile image, it shows the acrobatics icon repeated seven times. I just did that to see how the images would fit onto the profile, and it saved me some time. So, no worries. In the actual profile it will show the seven major skills in icons that you assigned the custom class to. And if you aren't sure what the major skill is from the image, if you hold the cursor over it, it will give you the name of the skill. Lastly, below that is just contacting information and forum statistics. I want to show you some of the other stat pages, but I'm afraid that will ruin the whole thing for you, so you will just have to wait and see. I hope you like what I designed and there is more to come.

Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

User Images and Stat Card Design

Postby Xavier » January 22nd, 2009, 1:11 am

It's been a while since I made my last blog post. So, I'm going to make up for a good update.

First, I have made some userbars for the Elder Stats that you can put in your signature on this forum, or on other forums. I have made a total of six userbars, but I will making more. This blog post will be updated as I get create more.

Userbars:

(Update) Avatars:

Apart from that, we are also creating stat cards or gamer cards. For those of you that don't know, stat cards are automatic updating images that can go in your signature. An example would be Halo 3 stat cards some people have on forums or Xbox Live Stat Cards. As you play on your Xbox and rank up on Halo 3, your stat card will be updated showing your new rank and other stats. This is exactly what we are going to be doing with the Elder Stats. I've already made the image for the stat card, we just have to implicate the coding that goes into it:

Beta Image.

Update:
Completed Image.

Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Staff Rank Images and Award Icons

Postby Xavier » June 4th, 2009, 11:44 pm

Hey everybody. I know I haven't update this in a while. There hasn't been much going on with the graphics side of the Elder Stats. Well, to start, I am going to make rank images for the staff off the website and the Moderation Team. Also, with my previous idea of the award system, I am going to be making award images. I will be posting some of the images later on this week.

*This post will be updated*

Update: Also, I have updated the post before this one with avatars members can use. 8-) I will be making more. Sorry for not doing this way earlier like I said I would. If you have any personal requests or just requests in general for avatars or userbars, PM me.

Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Re: Elder Stats Graphic Design Blog

Postby Xavier » November 8th, 2009, 7:02 am

As some of you may have noticed, we added some rank images in for the staff members. Check them out:

Elder Council Leader:

Elder Council Member:

Global Moderator:

Moderator:

I also made black versions of some of the rank images, but we decided to use the other ones:

Elder Council Member:

Moderator:
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Re: Elder Stats Graphic Design Blog

Postby Xavier » February 21st, 2010, 10:20 pm

I started making the award images yesterday for the awards system we are planning. So far I made 12 images for the awards and I thought I'd share them to you. Credit goes to Kestral for coming up with the names and descriptions.

If you noticed, there are medals in the top right hand corner of the awards. These are for awards that are related but differ in numeric value or difficulty. The ones that are alone don't have medals. We are also thinking about having user based awards along with the character awards.

Tell me what you think in the Discussion thread.
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Return to Site Announcements