OR  

New Features for Stat Cards and Profiles

All announcements regarding The Elder Stats website and forum are located in here.

New Features for Stat Cards and Profiles

Postby Tom » November 15th, 2009, 12:00 am

I am pleased to announce that new features have now been added for Stat Cards and character profiles! These two new features are: character avatars, and a character favorites system - both very interesting new features.

Character Avatars
Members are now able to select avatars for their characters. These avatars will be displayed as small images on Stat Cards, profiles, and some other areas (currently only on Stat Cards). To choose an avatar for a character of yours, simply go to that character's Photo Gallery Management area, find an image you like, and then click the "Make Avatar" link under that image. The image will then be made the character's avatar, and you can delete or change this avatar at any time. Note: An image chosen to be an avatar will be resized to a small square 62 pixels by 66 pixels in size. So, you should choose a photo that would look alright if it was resized to a square shape.

Here is an example of an avatar on a Stat Card:

To start choosing avatars for your characters, head right to your characters' photo galleries in the UCP and choose your favorite photo!

Character Favorites System
Members are now able to add other members' characters to their own personal "favorites list." If you see a character that you like and you'd like to remember that character, simply click the Image icon on the "Options" menu of that character's profile. That will add the character to your favorites list. You can view your favorites list in the UCP here. You are also able to view the list of members who have added your characters to their favorites lists. You can view this list of members in the UCP here. You can remove characters from your favorites list at any time, either from the UCP, or from the character's profile by clicking the Image icon.

So, those are the new features! We hope that you will find them useful, and we encourage you to make use of these two new features as much as possible. If you notice any bugs, please report them by posting in the Bug Reports forum. To discuss these new features, you may reply to this topic directly.

Enjoy!
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Re: New Features for Stat Cards and Profiles

Postby Tom » November 29th, 2009, 6:40 pm

I want to give a quick update about the Character Avatars system for all who use it or plan to use it. I am aware of the fact that when you choose an image from the character's photo gallery to be a character's avatar, the avatar appears on the Stat Card but is of very low quality. I am working on fixing this issue as of now. It may take some time to fully fix it, but I plan to have Character Avatars displaying in full color quality on Stat Cards within the month.

Thanks again, and I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Image Quality Issues Fixed

Postby Tom » December 2nd, 2009, 11:51 pm

The image quality issues with avatars on Stat Cards has now been fixed! Now avatars will appear on Stat Cards in full regular color, and the quality is quite good now. Sorry about this problem, everyone, but it's great to have it fixed now. If the avatar on one of your character's Stat Cards still looks like a bad-quality or miscolored image, then try doing a hard refresh of the page (Ctrl+F5) and it should change to full color.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing problems or if you experience any new errors since these changes. Enjoy!
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Return to Site Announcements