OR  

First Preview of Skyrim Profiles!

All announcements regarding The Elder Stats website and forum are located in here.

First Preview of Skyrim Profiles!

Postby Tom » August 4th, 2012, 9:40 pm

As we've promised, the "big update" to The Elder Stats website is back in development, and we've already released a preview of the new design for Oblivion character profiles to give you an idea of what's in store.

Now, we'd like to release another preview of the upcoming redesign. This time, we'd like to let you in on the design for Skyrim character profiles! This is only the front "Skills" page of the profile, but it's the most visually appealing:

(Click the image to enlarge it.)

There may be a couple more modifications or additions to this design, but it is nearly finalized at this point. Also, notice at the bottom left corner of the profile that there is a "Legit?" label with Yes or No voting options. Both Oblivion and Skyrim character profiles will have this "Legitimacy Rating" box displayed where viewers can vote on whether they believe the character's stats are legitimate or fake, and other viewers can easily see what people have been saying about the legitimacy of the character by looking at the red and green rating bar. Along with informing others of the credibility of information presented in a character's profile, this legitimacy system will be employed in the leaderboards to keep characters with low legitimacy ratings hidden from the leaderboards. This is intended to put the power to keep the leaderboards free from false statistics in the hands of our members, making the system more efficient and more democratic.

We hope these new designs and features are exciting ones! We're still aiming for a summer release of the new site, so please check back every once in a while to see if we've made the switch yet. And, as always, we welcome your feedback.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Re: First Preview of Skyrim Profiles!

Postby Giulianosse » August 12th, 2012, 2:40 am

Nice to see you are working on the Big Project! Hope you get to finish it. A lot of new people would be interested in using it for Skyrim characters.

Awesome Skyrim stats screen. I liked it looks exactly like the design of the in-game's menu and skill icons. Nice job!

Do you have a approximate release date for the Skyrim update?

Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, sorry. I missed the part where you said about the Summer release. :P
Giulianosse
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » August 12th, 2012, 3:56 am

Thanks for the feedback! Our goal was to design the Skyrim character profiles to be similar to how the in-game screens look in the game in order to give users a familiar interface to work with, and I'm glad to hear that that's something you liked about the design.

And with regard to the intended launch date, I'm still shooting for a Summer release. Much of the required features have been completed, and the new character Photos system is nicer and more intuitive than the current one. I've also added image cropping when creating a new avatar for a character, making it easier to choose the portion of the photo that you'd like to be your character's default image, instead of it just fitting whichever photo you choose to the default avatar size like the current site does. The new User Control Panel (renamed to "My Panel") now presents you with the options that you're looking for right away, unlike the current UCP, and is far more intuitive and useful.

I'm excited to see what people will have to say about some of the improvements and new features that are coming, and I'm certainly hopeful that we'll be seeing a resurgence in activity soon after the launch. :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Sel93 » August 14th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Awesome! Didn't expect it to come that soon. And once its out I believe this page will have a big influx, with a little advertisement (especially in forums like the official) and features like putting it (with a cool design) into the signature of forums. I'm really looking forward to it.
Sel93
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 3
Characters: 5

Return to Site Announcements