OR  

Welcome to the new Elder Stats!

All announcements regarding The Elder Stats website and forum are located in here.

Welcome to the new Elder Stats!

Postby Tom » August 23rd, 2012, 8:09 am

Welcome to the new and improved Elder Stats website — now ready for your Skyrim characters!

After months of hard work and development, tens of thousands of lines of code written, and a little hiatus along the way, The Elder Stats has been fully revamped.The site has been completely updated and redesigned, from top to bottom, to give you a better experience and more useful tools to share your characters and compare them with others around the site. None of your current characters or data have been seriously changed or removed, so all of your previous Oblivion characters are still right where they've always been, just with a much nicer profile design in place!

We've added quite a few new features to the site. Below is an overview of what's new that you'll want to know about.

Skyrim Characters are now supported
Undoubtedly, the most important update to the website is the ability to add your Skyrim characters and create profiles for them containing many of your characters' stats from the game. To get started adding your Skyrim characters, click here!

The new Notifications System keeps you in the loop
We are proud to unveil our new Notifications system! Whenever someone comments on one of your characters, responds to a comment you've posted on another character, or adds one of your characters to their Favorite Characters list, you'll be notified of it at the top of each page of the site. Click the "Notifications" link at the top of the site to view all of your most recent notifications, and to catch up on what you've missed while you've been gone.

Photo uploading and Character Avatar creation have been improved
The new character photos system has been remastered and geared toward usability. Upload your photos in a clean and intuitive interface, and even crop the photo of your choice when making a new avatar for one of your characters! No more squished images for character avatars or having to resize photos on your own to make them look decent in a 1:1 ratio — the new photos system takes care of all this for you.

Compare characters with the click of a button
Looking to compare one of your characters to others like it in the Leaderboards? Now you're able to easily size-up the competition by clicking the blue "Compare" button on almost any character's profile, taking you to their location on the Leaderboards so you can see where your characters stand and how to improve their rankings. Sort by any stat imaginable, from total gold carried to days slept!

View our full database of characters and Oblivion custom classes
You are now able to view the complete listing of all Skyrim and Oblivion characters in existence in our database, as well as every custom class ever created by Oblivion players on the site (something which was never before available to the public). Head on over to the database listings to check it out.

Improved character search feature
The character search feature has been improved to allow you to find the characters you're looking for with as few as a couple of letters of the character's name. Skyrim and Oblivion characters are listed beside each other, so you can find the character you're searching for no matter what game it was made for.

And that's not all . . .

These are the main improvements and new features that have been added to The Elder Stats with this new update, but there is plenty more that we've improved. Take a look around the site to become acquainted with the brand new Elder Stats experience — one which we're very excited to share with all of you!

We welcome your feedback, as always!

Please don't forget to tell us what you think about the new site! Leave your feedback in our official General Feedback topic, or feel free to post a new topic in the Site Feedback and Discussion forum.

Thanks for reading, and we hope you enjoy your experience on The Elder Stats, version 2.0!
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Re: Welcome to the new Elder Stats!

Postby Giulianosse » August 23rd, 2012, 9:28 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the update, Tom. Going to create my Skyrim character right now!

I'll try to post it on Skyrim Official Forums, to see if more people start using this. It's a very useful tool to show your beloved characters to the internet.
Giulianosse
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » August 23rd, 2012, 10:56 pm

Thanks, Giulianosse! A lot of hard work went into this update and I'm excited to put this new update out there for all players to enjoy.

I appreciate your offer to post your character on the Official Forums to try to draw some activity here. We really just want people to enjoy the site, as we feel it can be very useful to many players. Posting Stat Cards for characters on other forums (in signatures and such) is another good way to attract new members to our site, because they see someone else's Stat Card and then they want to make one for their characters, and so they join and do the same, and eventually (in theory) the Stat Cards do most of the marketing for us. But for that to work, we need members to create characters and share their Stat Cards on other Skyrim forums first. :)

Anyway thanks again, and here's to a successful future ahead for The Elder Stats!
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Black Arrow » September 8th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Wow, the new update is fantastic! I never lost faith in you, Tom! :D I will do my darndest to promote the site as well.

Thanks for your hard work and commitment to ElderStats; I've loved this site since the day I found it. <3
The Black Arrow
Citizen

Forum Posts: 59
Characters: 6

Return to Site Announcements