OR  

Recent Downtime Incident

All announcements regarding The Elder Stats website and forum are located in here.

Recent Downtime Incident

Postby Tom » February 11th, 2009, 10:21 pm

For those of you who were on The Elder Stats between 4:10 PM and 4:20 PM today (February 11th), you may have noticed an error message popping up regarding "MySQL socket" and a few other things that you probably didn't understand. Apparently, the web host that The Elder Stats is hosted on lost connection to their databases for a few minutes. That is why you were seeing an error message on every page on The Elder Stats. This was not an announced database downtime report by my web host, so I am a bit surprised. However, accidents happen, and I'm sure that this short database downtime was of no significant importance and everything seems to be back and working well. We kindly ask that you please do not post any topics about this particular downtime incident in the Bug Reports forum because we seem to have it taken care of. However, if the site goes down again when I am not online, feel free to report it in the Bug Reports forum once the site comes back up. But, I'm usually here when crazy server malfunctions happen. ;)

We thank you for your cooperation.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Return to Site Announcements