OR  

Suggestions: break the limits!

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Suggestions: break the limits!

Postby Gladiador » April 13th, 2009, 12:32 am

Hip, I came across this web (saw it inm the official forums, I believe), and I think it's great! But there are also things they could improve (mostly regarding about limits):

- Image limit of 500 kb is OK...but why the 950x950 limit? It shouldn't matter the resolution, or at least it should be 1280x1024 or whatever...

- Comments/bio limit: That's a true **** in the *** ( :mrgreen: ) for lore creators like me, and a huge step down for this site (as I want to use it as a "presentation card" for roleplay threads, without the need of writing my char's lore every time). I suggest to break that limit, or include a "Character Lore" section tab.

I hope a solution is brought back soon...at least for the second point (the most important one) :(
Gladiador
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 3
Characters: 0

Re: Suggestions: break the limits!

Postby Kestral » April 13th, 2009, 4:20 am

I agree with both ideas.

When I wanted to upload a screenshot to my character, I found that I couldn't because it was too big. Even after condensing it a bit.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Postby Tom » April 13th, 2009, 6:30 pm

I understand what you're saying with your second idea there. The only reason why I put a character limit on the Character Description/Bio area was because I didn't want spammers adding endless amounts of data into the database and filling it up with useless garbage. However, the Board of Moderation on The Elder Stats seems to be doing an excellent job catching spammers and rule-breakers, so I don't see why I couldn't get rid of the character limit for the Character Description/Bio area. I was thinking about this before, but I was waiting to see if anyone would say anything.

Now, about your first idea, I suppose I could raise the maximum resolution to 1280 x 1024. The main reasons why I kept the maximum resolution at 950 x 950 were: 1) because images any larger in width than 950px would exceed the width of the website, and 2) because some people with smaller monitor resolutions would have to scroll to see the pictures fully. But, I don't think it would be too difficult to allow the character photos to exceed the width of the website. I could find a way to make it look nicer. ;)

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll implement them soon.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Gladiador » April 13th, 2009, 7:16 pm

Thanks to you for hearing them! :D

And if you're short anytime of moderators, I offer myself as one. I'm a long time TES III/IV player :)
Gladiador
Mudcrab

Postby Tom » April 13th, 2009, 7:56 pm

I've implemented your suggestions. Let me know what you think.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Gladiador » April 14th, 2009, 11:01 am

Tom wrote:I've implemented your suggestions. Let me know what you think.

As you can see if you go to the "Information" tab of my char, I just LOVE it! (had (and still have) soooo much lore to store...:D). I'll reupload my char pics soon, too.

P.D: There's a bug in the Photos section: if you try to change the description of your photos, an error occurs saying that you have to put an image title, and it doesn't allow you to edit the description.

I've also began to use this web as a presentation card for my char in fan fiction threads. Good way to advertise it, too :)
Gladiador
Mudcrab

Postby Tom » April 14th, 2009, 5:07 pm

Gladiador wrote:P.D: There's a bug in the Photos section: if you try to change the description of your photos, an error occurs saying that you have to put an image title, and it doesn't allow you to edit the description.

Thanks for mentioning that. It's now been fixed.

Gladiador wrote:I've also began to use this web as a presentation card for my char in fan fiction threads. Good way to advertise it, too :)

That's a good idea, and it puts The Elder Stats out there more, so thanks!
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion