OR  

An Overall Stats Page

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Re: An Overall Stats Page

Postby Tom » May 12th, 2009, 8:47 pm

The way that the filtering system would work, if you even put one Mod in the Mods Installed area for a character - it doesn't matter what the Mod does - it will still mark you as having used Mods and will place your character in the top members that have used exploits or Mods. I might just allow characters that use Mods to be factored into the top characters overall, and just have two sections for top characters - one section for characters that use exploits and one for characters that don't. I'll think about it. But, as it stands right now, there are two sections for the top characters: One for characters that don't use exploits and one for characters that do.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Eskayti » May 19th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Xavier wrote:The only way I would see that houses count is for your total houses owned stat. But if it doesn't affect any kind of stat at all, then I think your fine.

It doesn't change that at all. But, I did go over the 'benefits' some of the houses/castles have: In particular, I noted that all these castles I use have an alchemist - that in itself isn't anything more than a great convenience ... but, they do sell a full set of journeyman apparatus ... which normally isn't available until you go up in level, but you can buy it outright at level 1 (if you could afford the castle - you have to buy these castles for 100K). The castles also have a smith who sells equipment that are level items too - elven, orcish, ebony ... I guess these do boost the character up in a manner. (duh :roll: )

Tom wrote:The way that the filtering system would work, if you even put one Mod in the Mods Installed area for a character - it doesn't matter what the Mod does - it will still mark you as having used Mods and will place your character in the top members that have used exploits or Mods. I might just allow characters that use Mods to be factored into the top characters overall, and just have two sections for top characters - one section for characters that use exploits and one for characters that don't. I'll think about it. But, as it stands right now, there are two sections for the top characters: One for characters that don't use exploits and one for characters that do.

So in essence, mods/exploits versus vanilla is how to look at it overall. Makes sense to me. 8-)
Cat's out of the bag on that one! Who puts cats in bags anyway? Cats hate bags.
Eskayti
Beggar

Forum Posts: 25
Characters: 1

Postby kakejero » November 18th, 2009, 6:39 pm

sounds like a great idea!!! :D
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby Tom » November 18th, 2009, 8:51 pm

kakejero wrote:sounds like a great idea!!! :D

Thanks. This idea has actually been put on hold for the time being because of other more important features being developed. I would like to get a prototype of an overall statistics page developed sometimes this winter, though.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Grayfox » November 25th, 2009, 2:17 am

Good deal Tom.

BTW nice idea X. (Just shows you Xavier thinks up everything and Tom does all the work :ugeek: 'na I'm kiddin')
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111
Characters: 0

Previous

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion