OR  

Elder Stats Awards System

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Elder Stats Awards System

Postby Xavier » May 8th, 2009, 3:27 am

I brought this idea up to Tom a little while ago about a system of awards for your character on this site. So, let's say you murder 10 people, you will get an award called Assassin or something similar. For example, if you put in a number equal to or greater than 10 in that field when modifying your character profile, you would get that award. Of course, there will probably be different levels of the same kind of award with different names and images. It's kind of like achievements. I thought it would be a cool idea. We could also make it so that you get a notification of your award once you update your character profile. I know that this will probably encourage people to boost up their stats if they just want to get the award, but it would still be good for the players who truthfully display their stats.

Let me know what you think of this, or if you have any suggestions for awards, award names, or images that should go with them.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Re: Elder Stats Awards System

Postby Eskayti » May 11th, 2009, 5:14 am

Sounds like a cool idea! I for one will be honestly putting my stats up - actually I try to keep my murder stats low, so its doubtful I'd get much in the way of murder awards. :P But other stats I strive for ... I'm all for it ... as long as it's not too much work for Tom.
Cat's out of the bag on that one! Who puts cats in bags anyway? Cats hate bags.
Eskayti
Beggar

Forum Posts: 25
Characters: 1

Postby Xavier » May 11th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Ah, I'm glad someone acknowledged this idea. Glad you like it.

Yeah, I just used that murder award as an example.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Legolastom » May 22nd, 2009, 3:15 am

It could work like a separate title, underneath your post count related one.

This would be great idea, the only thing I don't like is that it could cause more people to "cheat" to gain a title they wanted. If you do implement the idea I would like to help, in coming up with names and such.

Also may I suggest along with that you do something like this site is doing as well? In giving medals to user for forum and site behaviour/contribution.

Another link from the site you may find useful: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/sho ... hp?t=30737
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 2

Postby DayDark » August 10th, 2009, 5:50 pm

This sounds like really great idea :D
DayDark
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 2

Postby Tom » August 10th, 2009, 8:27 pm

DayDark wrote:This sounds like really great idea :D

Thanks! We're hoping to implement this Awards System soon. Hopefully if I get the time, I can get to work on it. It shouldn't take too long to make, and it would be something that everyone would enjoy.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Kestral » August 11th, 2009, 1:47 am

Tom wrote:
DayDark wrote:This sounds like really great idea :D

Thanks! We're hoping to implement this Awards System soon. Hopefully if I get the time, I can get to work on it. It shouldn't take too long to make, and it would be something that everyone would enjoy.

Assuming that every stat has it's own variable, which it probably does, it would be very easy. But tedious.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » August 12th, 2009, 5:43 am

Great idea! I just want the ninja achievement... (Please let there be one.)
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Tom » August 12th, 2009, 5:58 am

That could be the name of an achievement for high items stolen or items pickpocketed counts. We'll take that into consideration. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » August 12th, 2009, 6:06 am

What abouit high number of sabotage, stealing, and assassinations? It should be a hard acheivement that only a ninja may attain.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Next

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion