OR  

A RP section

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Where should the RP forum be placed?

It should be a subforum in General Discussion forum.
20%
It should have it's own forum on the main Index page (just like Oblivion Game Discussion is a forum).
60%
It should be a subforum in Oblivion Game Discussion forum.
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: A RP section

Postby The Ninja » June 15th, 2009, 6:17 am

1. Name: The Official RP Thread (or something along those lines... Probably shorter.)
2. A special place for RP'ers and the like.
3. Normal guideline: No spamming (double posting, etc.), no/very limited character (ohters') controlling, "And please TRY to be intellegent." (My favorite quote from Xbox Live.)
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Teinaava » June 15th, 2009, 4:30 pm

1) Roleplaying Forum
2) A forum for roleplaying threads
3) Here's some roleplaying guidelines from the UESP forums:
-- No power play: you control your character, and nobody else's. You cannot kill other characters, or even hurt them, without their permission. You don't decide how other characters react to your actions, either.
-- No godmoding: make your character vulnerable and balanced. See http://users.chariot.net.au/~marcof/traumaticinjuries.htm
-- Use complete sentences, and make your best effort to use good grammar and spelling
-- If you abandon your character for more than 5 days without prior notice and you're holding up the group, expect your character to be taken over and probably killed. If you let the group know in advance, there are ways to move your character away from the action and prevent you from holding up everyone.
-- Stick to the setting. Do your best to inform yourself of the lore, at least the basics.
-- No Mary Sues. Your character is not royalty. You are not the illegitimate love child of Martin and Queen Morgiah. Your eyes do not flash with different colors when you feel strong emotions. This rule is flexible depending on the setting, but it's preferable to err on the side of humility when creating your character. http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm
-- Use double parenthesis: (( )) or brackets: < > for OOC
-- Style guidelines: Try to make your post longer than just a sentence. Add some detail. Also, it's better to show than to tell when it comes to your characterization--instead of writing "Arlindwe was smart but weak," make her act intelligently in situations, but have her stink at physical combat when it comes up, and let others form their own opinions of her abilities.
--No ERP. This is a family-friendly board, where we only roleplay civil things like chopping off limbs. All X-rated scenes will be deleted and forwarded to your mother. If your character absolutely must get into an intimate relationship that involves more than a single kiss, just fade to black and don't write about it. Seriously.
-- Breaking the rules: If you can't respect your fellow RPers, your post will be deleted. This will be enforced more aggressively than on the rest of the board. These rules add to the other board rules, not replace, so the usual rules (eg no flaming) still hold.

Also, you can find some more information about roleplaying here: Guide to roleplaying
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby The Ninja » June 16th, 2009, 12:22 am

Teinaava wrote:--No ERP. This is a family-friendly board, where we only roleplay civil things like chopping off limbs.

Quite civil indeed. ;)

Teinaava wrote:All X-rated scenes will be deleted and forwarded to your mother.

ROFL!
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » June 16th, 2009, 2:29 am

Thanks, Teinaava. Those rules are great, but I don't want to copy them right off the UESP. However, considering that I don't know enough about roleplaying to write up my own set of rules, it might not be that bad of an idea to either copy their rules and credit the UESP for them, or have someone more knowledgeable write a similar set of rules. What do you all think we should do about this?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » June 16th, 2009, 3:37 am

I don't know who has the most RP experience, but I suppose we could just modify the rules a little more deeply and detailed.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Kestral » June 16th, 2009, 4:29 am

The Ninja wrote:I don't know who has the most RP experience, but I suppose we could just modify the rules a little more deeply and detailed.

Their fine as is.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » June 16th, 2009, 8:36 am

Well, I'm more worried about taking them right off the UESP. I don't want to slight anyone. I suppose it's not such a huge issue, but I like to remain on the good side with other websites, and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea if we use their RP rules. Or, maybe I'm just too cautious about it. :?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Kestral » June 16th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Tom wrote:Well, I'm more worried about taking them right off the UESP. I don't want to slight anyone. I suppose it's not such a huge issue, but I like to remain on the good side with other websites, and I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea if we use their RP rules. Or, maybe I'm just too cautious about it. :?

I've never even seen those on the UESP.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Postby Teinaava » June 16th, 2009, 7:47 pm

Kestral wrote:I've never even seen those on the UESP.

They aren't actual rules on the UESP, the were just posted by Deandra here. I sent her a PM asking her if we could use them and hopefully she'll reply soon.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Grayfox » June 17th, 2009, 4:17 am

You should pretty much tell how many RP's a person can have active.

RPers make their own rules for that Roleplay usually. You have common sense if you do anyway
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion