OR  

Recruiting

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Re: Recruiting

Postby Teinaava » February 5th, 2009, 2:40 pm

KJ Angerfist wrote:I think our members should place links to the site on our sigs on UESP and/or other sites.

Placing a link to a site in your signature on the UESP breaks their rule about advertising.
The UESP Forum Rules wrote:No Blatant Advertising - This forum is not free advertising space and is not a place to advertise your website! Please take your business elsewhere. This includes links in your signatures.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Tom » February 5th, 2009, 10:49 pm

It's a shame that the UESP won't allow links to be placed in signatures. However, we can have our members place a link to The Elder Stats in their profiles on the UESP in the "Website" area. That would be a nice start. Afterall, Angerfist, didn't you join The Elder Stats by following a link in Teinaava's UESP profile?

By the way, I don't know how many of you have heard this, but we're going to be working on creating Stat Cards, which are images that you can place in your signature on forums, and those images contain several statistics for one of your characters, and then it has a link to The Elder Stats on the bottom of the image. When people see our members with stat cards for their characters in their signatures, they might be interested in getting stat cards for their own characters, and then they can go to the URL on the stat card and register on The Elder Stats. I still have many other ideas for recruitment, and input from others is always much appreciated.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby KJ Angerfist » February 6th, 2009, 1:06 pm

DId I say sig? Sorry I meant in the profile :D thats how I found this site, on Tainaava's profile.
I will make it my job to keep these forums clean....FROM YOU!
KJ Angerfist
Citizen

Forum Posts: 33
Characters: 3

Postby Blue the Thief » February 6th, 2009, 2:29 pm

Tom wrote:It's a shame that the UESP won't allow links to be placed in signatures. However, we can have our members place a link to The Elder Stats in their profiles on the UESP in the "Website" area. That would be a nice start. Afterall, Angerfist, didn't you join The Elder Stats by following a link in Teinaava's UESP profile?

By the way, I don't know how many of you have heard this, but we're going to be working on creating Stat Cards, which are images that you can place in your signature on forums, and those images contain several statistics for one of your characters, and then it has a link to The Elder Stats on the bottom of the image. When people see our members with stat cards for their characters in their signatures, they might be interested in getting stat cards for their own characters, and then they can go to the URL on the stat card and register on The Elder Stats. I still have many other ideas for recruitment, and input from others is always much appreciated.

Oh cool! I want one! I want one! :lol: :P
Blue the Thief
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 4

Postby Hope of Sparta » February 8th, 2009, 9:42 pm

Captain Carmine is ready to lead his troops to victory.
Hope of Sparta
Perma Banned
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » February 14th, 2009, 2:34 am

The Stat Cards seem to be drawing a lot of attention to The Elder Stats, like I had hoped, because we have seen a soaring amount of new members since the introduction of Stat Cards.

Now, I want to determine some more ways that we can get even more new members onto The Elder Stats. The main thing about a website like this is that many people would love to use this website, however those people just don't know that it exists! That's the hardest part about a good website like The Elder Stats - a lot of people would love to use it if they knew that it existed. Well, we need to spread the word some more to let people know The Elder Stats is out there for their use! The Stat Cards have been working well up to this point, and I thank all those who have placed their Stat Cards in their signatures on various other forums; you have helped out our recruiting effort immensely. Now it's time to kick it up a notch. If anyone has any new recruitment ideas, please feel free to express them here. I'm thinking of even making a special rank for members who come up with good recruitment ideas, or who recruit the most new members to The Elder Stats. Remember - creating multiple accounts is against the rules, so we need to recruit brand new individual members to The Elder Stats.

Your contributions to recruitment are greatly appreciated, guys!
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby iron spartan101 » February 14th, 2009, 9:25 pm

i will post lodes of stuff on facebook.
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 67
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » March 5th, 2009, 11:03 pm

I think it's time we do some serious recruiting. I've been busy lately, but I still want to recruit new members because I know that, once The Elder Stats gets a large member base, it will become much more active. If anyone has any recruitment ideas, please throw them on the table. I will try to think up some new ideas and post them here as soon as I can.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Xavier » March 6th, 2009, 12:34 am

Let's make cards and slide them in gaming magazines. :lol:

No, but seriously. We should find many different Oblivion forums and post this stuff. I want it to eventually be where when you type in "Oblivion Stats" on Google, and our site is the first to come up.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Kestral » March 6th, 2009, 12:55 am

If you can, the official Bethesda forums would be a good start, considering that the majority of the people there have played Oblivion.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion