OR  

Boosting Forum Activity

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Re: Boosting Forum Activity

Postby Tom » March 29th, 2010, 9:03 pm

There is an RP forum here, but no one seems to start up RPs that are good enough to attract attention. If any of you think you could get members here by starting up a good RP and letting people know about it, then please go ahead.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » March 31st, 2010, 5:55 am

We had an entire system. (By we, I mean the moderators, including Kestral.) There were ranks, maps, and other things through the multiple operations given. That was fun, but Kestral must not want to do it again, because the site crashed and burned somehow, and all that work was lost.

I still don't understand how Blue the Theif was a Leuitenant right off the bat. And I was a Sergeant or something...
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Kestral » April 1st, 2010, 8:35 pm

It did work well until it crashed and burned. Kinda interesting, too.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » April 2nd, 2010, 8:48 pm

We could potentially get a good RP environment going here on ES, but it would require dedication from the members, as I am not much into RPs myself. However, I would be willing to develop a separate part of the website that allows for easy submission and management of RPs. Don't know if it would help make the RPs run better/smoother, but it's a possibility. To be honest, I don't know enough about RPs and their nature to do such a thing without advice from others outside.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby josjie » April 3rd, 2010, 11:40 am

I think we need to take a look at other stats websites.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/survivor92
This is my stats page for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

You can bookmark players which will make them appear in the left menu. For example:

My Player bookmarks:
survivor92
<friend1>
<friend2>

This allows you to compare your stats with those of your friends.

Suggestion #1: Add a bookmark menu where you can bookmark your friends. Not on a seperate page, I think it should appear on every page, maybe to the left of the normal content.

Suggestion #2: Achievements! A good list of achievements will encourage people to join this website. We also need some sort of 'gamer score' and maybe small rewards (a DLC for free). Some more advertations could generate more income ;).

Fallout 3 character creator:
http://vault106.com/

I think this is your biggest rival if you're going to create a Fallout 3 Stats website.

If you really want a lot of activity, you need to create a stats website for an online game. But this is quite difficult to achieve:
- All the official websites have direct access to the player stats database while on your website you need to fill in all the information yourself.
- There's a lot of competition.

In short: creating a stats website for World of Warcraft or Bad Company 2 might not be a very good idea :).

Suggestion #3: Create a Fallout (3) stats website. Fallout: New Vegas will be released later this year so you can also create a New Vegas website! You can just update the F3 website to use the new stats (and a New Vegas layout).
I have no idea when TESV will be released but that'll surely mean a big boost to this website (unless it's a MMORPG, in that case it'll be hard to create a stats website for it, see ^).
josjie
Beggar

Forum Posts: 27

Postby Grayfox » April 8th, 2010, 2:34 am

Tom, I could lay some groundwork on the Roleplaying if people would Roleplay.

I'm hosting one right now at Bethsoft, which has just hit thread two (where 95% of RP's don't make it). It's a political/war/rebel one, based in High Rock and a struggle between feudalism, a republic, and a monarchy. Of course, we could do an adventure RP...hold on, I have got it.

Any of you guys want to do a widespread corpus infection RP? Ya' know, Zombies and the like? Left 4 Dead Elder Scrolls sparks an idea. Xavier might even join that.

The problem is, I don't know how good of RPers you guys are, or writers. What board did you RP on if you have, what quality level was it, etc. BGS has a better writing base that 95% of the forums out there. Other sites may be better or worse. The overall writing ability of the person matters the most.

Of course people can get better. When I first RPed on UESP and Bethsoft about a year ago, I was horrible. I improved and got the most improved RPer award by vote, and I'll tell you if I improved, anyone can; because I sucked.
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111

Postby The Ninja » April 9th, 2010, 9:34 pm

I don't know how to "rate" RP's with which I was involved, but I have been for about 2 years (ever since UESP, Kestral might remember). Realm of Night (UESP), the Missions (Mercury Forums), and now I am in Knights of Mosacius somewhere else.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Grayfox » April 11th, 2010, 4:28 am

Well, I'm in a few. Look at them and you'll see what I'm used to. My name is Woolymammoth45 over at BGS. I haven't seen many on UESP with as good as quality (great site, I'm just being honest. No offense intended).

Immortal Blood's:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... n-the-sky/

My RP, United Bretony: The Hills and the Highlands

Chapter 1: The Winds of War

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... highlands/

Chapter 2: Sons of the West

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... highlands/

The ones I partake in are usually done well. While some say the BGS forum is on decline (as it does not compare to old days).

Also, send me a link to the new Mercury forums please. Anyway, we could start one up over here.

We just need a good idea...
I come from the BGS forum. I'm a writer.
UNITED BRETONY: The Hills and the Highlands
-a part of the "TESUS" universe. Website coming soon.
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1074408&st=0&start=0
Grayfox
Protector

Forum Posts: 111

Postby Legolastom » April 12th, 2010, 3:01 pm

I think the easiest way to boost the active population of this forum is to expand it a little, I am sure many of our members would like to talk about other Elder scrolls games (I am currently playing Morrowind again, this time on the PC) and still on the subject of Elder scrolls we could have a mod discussion forum (Modifications, not moderators of course) which could either be added to the other ES forums or a separate one of its own.

Also, creating a forum specifically for other games that's separate from the "General discussion" forum might also help. Just throwing a few ideas out here, considering the forum is so small it really wouldn't hurt to expand a bit.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 2

Postby Tom » April 12th, 2010, 6:54 pm

That's not a bad idea, Legolastom. I was thinking about this, as well. Maybe we could create a new category for forums about the Elder Scrolls games. We could start off with a forum for Oblivion and Morrowind, and then a general elder scrolls discussion forum. If needed, we could expand from there. If there are any other games that you think would make popular forums of their own, please post them. This may be a good idea rather than having just a General Discussion forum for discussing everything else in bulk.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion