OR  

Stats adjust for glitches?

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Stats adjust for glitches?

Postby redguard_master » May 9th, 2010, 12:59 am

I was wondering if it's considered in poor taste in the scoring system to adjust your stats as listed in your game to adjust for mistakes and what not? Like for example in my active quests I technically have completed every quest but one. The others listed in my journal are either open-ended and can't be completed or due to game errors like my acrobat master being dead before I found him or the arena quest staying there long after I'm grand champion.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116
Characters: 2

Re: Stats adjust for glitches?

Postby Tom » May 9th, 2010, 2:13 am

In that case, I wouldn't consider it in bad taste. If you honestly feel that you would have been able to complete those quests by now had those errors or problems not popped up, then I would see no harm in adjusting your stats to match your projected accomplishment. There would be some cases where I would say that it would be considered poor taste, but in your case with regard to the quest completion, I don't see a problem with it. If you really want to make sure that no one questions it, then just put a line in your character's bio mentioning the errors you encountered with certain quests, but that's not really necessary unless it makes you feel more on the right side of the fence. ;)

Thank you for asking first. We appreciate the honesty.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby redguard_master » May 10th, 2010, 12:15 am

Of course, without integrity everyone would just make up whatever stats they wanted. Though the part about having to take off your armor/enchantments took quite the chunck out of my dude's stats. But them's the rules.
redguard_master
Protector

Postby whoman69 » May 25th, 2010, 1:32 am

Adding armor enchantment in would bring a lot more variety to the characters but would make it almost impossible to spot cheaters. There are also many out there who have a variety of armors they wear and would have many different versions of the same character.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby redguard_master » May 25th, 2010, 4:01 am

Of course, I understand and in fact endorse the policy. Actually my guy armor really doesn't boost his stats all that much, all but 3 pieces of his entire wardrobe are dedicated to achieving his 100+ reflect melee and resist magic.
redguard_master
Protector

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion