OR  

One stat addition suggestion

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

One stat addition suggestion

Postby BFG » November 12th, 2010, 4:23 am

I love the site and am sorry to see less activity than could be hoped for.
One suggestion: Could you add a stat for recording how many hours a particular character has been played (as reported by the savegame)? I'm thinking just hours is sufficient; there's probably no reason to list hours, minutes, and seconds.
BFG
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 4
Characters: 1

Re: One stat addition suggestion

Postby Tom » November 12th, 2010, 12:23 pm

That's a good suggestion. Where in the character profiles do you think it should be shown? In the "Information" tab, in the "Secondary Statistics" page, or somewhere else? Just want to hear your opinion on where it should go.

And with regard to lesser activity, it is a shame because I do think a lot of Oblivion fans could enjoy this website, but they just do not know it exists yet. Hopefully with the release of TESV, we will launch a new branch of The Elder Stats for TESV characters, and maybe that will bring in some more new activity. :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby BFG » November 12th, 2010, 2:12 pm

Good question! I'm thinking it would best fit with the Level, Class, Gold, and other stats that typically display on the left hand side of the screen while viewing a character's profile. Probably between Level and Gold.
If it's necessary to make room, perhaps the "Creator :" could be moved somewhere else on the screen?

EDIT: Since a lot of the older charcters won't have this stat reported, it'd probably be a good idea for a 0 value to show up as "not reported"!
BFG
Mudcrab

Postby Tom » November 12th, 2010, 11:43 pm

I've finished adding this new stat and it now displays on the sidebar of character profiles. Please let me know what you think. :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Characters: -2

Postby BFG » November 13th, 2010, 4:00 am

Looks great, thanks! Now my only request is that it be an option for viewing on the Leaderboards too. :)
BFG
Mudcrab

Postby Tom » November 13th, 2010, 7:44 am

Good point. That's now been done, also.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder