OR  

Call a bluff?

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Call a bluff?

Postby BFG » December 16th, 2010, 5:26 am

While it seems the vast majority of Elder Stats users are telling the truth, a few...exaggerate a bit. For example, I recently noticed one user stating that they had played their character for 99,999 hours. Considering Oblivion's only been out for 40,000 hours or so, that's kind of doubtful :)

The site flags when a player has reported that they used exploits. Would it be possible to add the ability for one person (probably a registered user) to flag another's character when they find something like that which is highly suspicious? To avoid exploitation, I would recommend limiting the number of times a person can do this - say, once every 24 hours at most - and also requiring an explanation of why it was flagged, so you can decide whether or not the flag should stay in place, or contact the character's owner for an explanation. Then, any flagged characters would remain out of the standings until/unless the problem is fixed.

Just a thought.
BFG
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 4
Characters: 1

Re: Call a bluff?

Postby Tom » December 16th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Hi, thanks for your suggestion.

Currently, we have a reporting system in place where any registered user can report a character profile to the Moderator team at The Elder Stats with an included explanation so that we can further evaluate the issue and take action, if necessary. This fulfills part of what you had suggested, but reporting a character's profile does not keep it from being displayed around the site or in the leaderboards. This feature could be added to the report system, though, so this is a useful suggestion. However, until we do implement such a functionality that hides a character profile when it is flagged until a Moderator has reviewed it, the best thing to do would be to click the "Report This Profile" link in the "Options" menu of the suspicious character's profile, type a reason, and submit your report so that we can evaluate it further. :)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Emperor Casellas I » April 5th, 2011, 9:16 pm

I'm not sure, but that might have been me. You know like when you play Oblivion and you save your game, it tells how many days passed. I was trying to estimated how much hours it would be. The most I have is about in the 50 or 90 days. I just lower it just in case (about 1,159 hours).
Emperor Casellas I
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 2

Postby Jester Malice » April 10th, 2011, 5:47 pm

I just wanted to state, on any single character save, the time played should never be exceeding 459:59.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion_talk: ... mation_Bug

There used to be an entry in the main glitch archive but somebody removed it since notable fixes were made for the PC; however, the console versions are still affected by this.

Sources: UESP, 5000 Hours of Oblivion gameplay.
Jester Malice
Beggar

Forum Posts: 19
Characters: 1

Postby whoman69 » July 30th, 2011, 3:22 pm

There's a lot of iffy information on here. I think its pretty cheap to lie just to get yourself on a leaderboard. I really doubt that any character has spent 1000's of days in jail. Their stats would be down to nothing by that time. We have people claiming million bountys, hundreds of thousands of items stolen, fame in the thousands, etc..
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby RayeGunn » August 24th, 2012, 6:39 am

Jester - just a note, the time limit for the Abomb bug should not be a reliable indicator of truthfulness. The bug doesn't hit everyone, no one seems to know why. You could end up being one of the lucky ones. (my second character got hit and i had to fix the save game, though my first character, which I played for longer, never did) Also, as you mentioned, the bug is fixable on the PC by changing one number in a savegame file, I've done it myself, and it worked fine. So a PC user could easily go above that number.
RayeGunn
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 3

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion