OR  

Translation of the site

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Translation of the site

Postby iArcadia » August 2nd, 2013, 9:59 pm

Hi there !

I am a new member for about 2 hours, and I already love the site, as I said in the "feedback" (don't remember the text) pop-up which appeared on the site, the leaderboard and the stats card are both very good ideas ! :D

I read some topics, and the forum seems to be a little dead... And I think it's unfair. And here come my suggestion : why don't you make a translation of the site into diverses languages ? It may attract users if advertising are made on no-english websites. Ok, I know that english is the most spoken language in the world, but I noticed that among my friends or among person that I know, a little speak english daily and more less speak english usually.

I'm french, and if you are interested by this suggestion, I can help to translate from english to french. :)
iArcadia
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 5
Characters: 3

Re: Translation of the site

Postby iArcadia » August 9th, 2013, 12:04 am

Someone's here ?
The forum is so dead ? :(
iArcadia
Mudcrab

Postby Tom » August 9th, 2013, 3:46 am

Hey, iArcadia.

Thanks for visiting the forums, and I'm glad you like the site so much. :) I apologize for taking this long to get back to you, but I've been rather busy recently and haven't had the time to check here until now.

I do agree that it's rather unfair that the forums are dead when so much work was put into making this site the best that it could be, but life never tends to reward hard work as much as most people like to think. ;) I appreciate your suggestion for translating the site into other languages, but I question whether this would be a worthwhile investment of my time. Currently, I can't really see how activity would be increased by adding support for more languages to the site, and even if it helped to increase activity somewhat on the forums, as well, the people posting in different languages would not be able to effectively communicate with each other unless they all spoke in one particular language, so unfortunately it seems like it wouldn't really contribute to much useful new activity on the forums anyway.

One of the main reason why I'm hesitant to undertake this suggestion is because many other Elder Scrolls sites have become quite successful despite the fact that they only offer their content in English (e.g., the UESP, NexusMods.com, and SkyrimForums.org, to name a few). While I definitely think that it would be neat to offer The Elder Stats in multiple languages to make it accessible to a wider range of users, I have little reason to believe that doing so would increase activity much more around here from where it currently sits, and therefore I can't quite justify the time commitment.

Again, I thank you for your suggestion.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby iArcadia » August 17th, 2013, 7:29 pm

Yes, I think you're right after all. Even so, I will try to share your website on some french websites specifying that the forum is only english (to avoid multi-language confusion). And thank you to have read my suggestion. :)
iArcadia
Mudcrab

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion