OR  

Member score and possible revisement

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Member score and possible revisement

Postby C0RteZ48 » November 6th, 2013, 8:43 pm

I've got a question about the 'member score'. Where can I see a table of this?

I'm talking about the score under one's name. I know when I post 0-9 topics in random forums I still remain a 'Mudcrab.' I know I'm a Beggar when I reached 10 posts. Where can I 'see' these scores? I'd like to access a table of some sort.

Also, can this 'member score' be revised? I get the idea it takes A LOT of posts to reach the maximum score.. IF there is one. I guess the current holder of most posts is the site's founder 'Tom', and he's about 'only' a Knight.

Does anyone has any ideas?
C0RteZ48
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13
Characters: 5

Re: Member score and possible revisement

Postby Tom » November 7th, 2013, 9:47 pm

It's nice to see someone finally recognize this little feature! The forums are usually pretty inactive, so it rarely gets any attention.

What you're referring to as "member score" we have historically called "posting ranks." They were instated quite a few years ago, soon after the site was first launched back in February 2009. You can view the list of possible posting ranks along with their corresponding post count requirements in this announcement topic.

The ranks are separated pretty far apart because, when we first devised them, we intended that the forums would be more popular. Unfortunately, that expectation was never realized, so the post count gaps between each rank level may seem rather large.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Re: Member score and possible revisement

Postby baratron » November 8th, 2013, 8:40 pm

Oh, it's amused me for ages that the lowest member rank was Mudcrab. Never really thought too hard about what the others were, though. Thanks for the list!
baratron
Beggar

Forum Posts: 14
Characters: 6

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion