OR  

The Morrowind stats suggestion

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

The Morrowind stats suggestion

Postby Blue the Thief » February 5th, 2009, 1:53 pm

I just had a thought, because this site is for oblivion, what about a Morrowind part? I don't know how you would do it, and I'm guessing it'd be hard, but it be worth it wouldn't it? :)

Just a thought ;)
Blue the Thief
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 4

Re: The Morrowind stats suggestion

Postby Xavier » February 5th, 2009, 9:26 pm

Well, since the site is called the Elder Stats, we could somehow implement that into this site. I've never played Morrowind, but since you brought up this idea, I will sometime. I' m sure Tom will do this in the future.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » February 5th, 2009, 10:59 pm

This is not a bad idea, but let's wait until the current Elder Stats website gets popular before I start developing new departments for other Elder Scrolls games. I'm not sure if I am going to have The Elder Stats support Morrowind statistical data at all, but maybe in the future I will. I do, however, plan on developing a new department on The Elder Stats that supports statistical data for The Elder Scrolls V, but that obviously won't be developed until a while after TESV is released, which probably won't be until 2010.

In order to have The Elder Stats support statistics entering for Morrowind players, I would have to almost copy an completely modify The Elder Stats as it is right now. It can definitely be done, but I don't know if I want to spend the time on that sort of project right now. I do plan on doing such a thing for TESV after it is released, but I'm not sure if making a department for Morrowind will be that productive. Plus, I've never played Morrowind, which would make it extremely hard for me to develop a department for it. I had played Oblivion for months before I started development on The Elder Stats, so I knew exactly what should be included in regards to features because I knew a lot about Oblivion. However, it wouldn't be very easy for me to develop a department for Morrowind since I have never played the game. Sure, I could read up about it on the UESP, but that's not the same as actually playing through the game and getting an understanding of it like I did for Oblivion.

Overall, this is a good suggestion, Blue the Theif. I'll put some though into it for Morrowind for the future, but I definitely want to develop a department for TESV after it is released.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Blue the Thief » February 6th, 2009, 2:17 am

Don't worry, alot of people on the forums have played through Morrowind so we'd be able to help you with it. I think it would also draw alot more people here, considering how many people perfer it over Oblivion. :)

But it's your site so you can make it whenever you want, I have no idea how hard it would be to make :oops:
Blue the Thief
Beggar

Postby Tom » February 6th, 2009, 3:17 am

It would be hard, but nothing is impossible for Tom the Web Developer. :D I'm willing to do what it takes to make The Elder Stats the best it can be for Elder Scrolls fans, and spending extra time to develop new departments of the website is fine with me as long as they will be used. But, like I said, before I even start to develop a Morrowind stat department on The Elder Stats, I want to see the Oblivion department get more members and publicity first.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Kestral » February 6th, 2009, 5:22 am

Tom wrote:This is not a bad idea, but let's wait until the current Elder Stats website gets popular before I start developing new departments for other Elder Scrolls games. I'm not sure if I am going to have The Elder Stats support Morrowind statistical data at all, but maybe in the future I will. I do, however, plan on developing a new department on The Elder Stats that supports statistical data for The Elder Scrolls V, but that obviously won't be developed until a while after TESV is released, which probably won't be until 2010.

In order to have The Elder Stats support statistics entering for Morrowind players, I would have to almost copy an completely modify The Elder Stats as it is right now. It can definitely be done, but I don't know if I want to spend the time on that sort of project right now. I do plan on doing such a thing for TESV after it is released, but I'm not sure if making a department for Morrowind will be that productive. Plus, I've never played Morrowind, which would make it extremely hard for me to develop a department for it. I had played Oblivion for months before I started development on The Elder Stats, so I knew exactly what should be included in regards to features because I knew a lot about Oblivion. However, it wouldn't be very easy for me to develop a department for Morrowind since I have never played the game. Sure, I could read up about it on the UESP, but that's not the same as actually playing through the game and getting an understanding of it like I did for Oblivion.

Overall, this is a good suggestion, Blue the Theif. I'll put some though into it for Morrowind for the future, but I definitely want to develop a department for TESV after it is released.

Or modify the current Elder Stats in such a way that you can make a character easily between both Oblivion and Morrowind.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » February 6th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Kestral wrote:Or modify the current Elder Stats in such a way that you can make a character easily between both Oblivion and Morrowind.

I could try to do this, but there is a 75% chance that it is going to end up in a sloppy mess of the code for The Elder Stats as it currently is. I think making separate departments would be the safer thing to do. Now, I could back-up the website and try modifying it to see if I can get it to work well. It's just that the way The Elder Stats main website is developed makes it completely geared towards all of the stats in Oblivion, so I would have to write a lot of the code over to make it compatible with the different stats of Morrowind (even though there aren't too many different stats in Morrowind, I presume).

Well, I have some time to think about it, so I'll think as I go along and see if I come up with a reasonable solution for adding support for Morrowind stats on ES.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Xavier » February 6th, 2009, 10:39 pm

I wanna try and play Morrowind this weekend to see what it's like.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Blue the Thief » February 7th, 2009, 4:56 am

It's hard, but once you get to about level 15, it's (fairly) smooth sailing. To get started, you might want to read a "Morrowind for a Oblivion player" guide, it'll make it alot easy, instead of you ending up stumbling around and getting killed by worms (Like I did :oops: )
Blue the Thief
Beggar

Postby Tyrael » September 2nd, 2009, 5:44 pm

Yeah, Morrowind is definately when I was at my prime. I have a level 52 Argonian, took me about a month to stop getting ravaged by cliffracers, but I love him like my son nonetheless. Is that sad? I carried him over to Oblivion, but he's never been quite the same. Anywho, it isn't MASSIVELY different from Oblivion. The atributes and whatnot are the same, theres just a few more skills and no mastery levels. Oh, and a lot more guilds/factions, I suppose. It may actaully be simpler to make a Morrowind one, because there's no need to make a page concerning arbitraray things like how many books you've read and how many jokes you've told. Hell, I'd be an avid user if you made it too. I've got alot to be proud of. ;)
Tyrael
Beggar

Forum Posts: 23
Characters: 1

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion