OR  

A warm hello.

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

A warm hello.

Postby nogard » February 6th, 2015, 11:16 pm

Well, I have been a member for a little while now, and never really bothered to visit forums, and now all of a sudden I decided to say a word or 2. We all love Elder Scrolls series, and I have played starting Arena (never finished/played much) went through Daggerfall (also never finished/played much) enjoyed through Morrowind (still planning to finish it one day as I haven't been through it a lot) lived through Oblivion, and got my 2nd living place in Skyrim. Enjoyed all of them but especially Oblivion, and most of the things you can see and live through, in Skyrim. I am 27 years old atm, and am gamer myself, have no shame in it and enjoy living through certain games, just like majority of us, we all got our escape worlds to go to.
So I have noticed no recent posts have been made recently since July 2014 or something, and I decided to poke around forums a little, also noticed some post titled as "How did you find ElderStats" and I am not totally sure on "HOW?" but I am 80% sure it was through someone's signature in some forums while trying to find mods for oblivion. This website is very nice, but needs some major help as for "automatic game tracking" like Raptr and Steam does, some applications, and most of all, more visitors, to fill this place with life!! Would not want this to go down after finding it. Thank you for having a good and simple webpage and too bad not many active people are around to say "hi". ;P
so, since I haven't yet said what my title claims this is supposed to be, here it is.
Hello. ;P
nogard
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 1
Characters: 1

Re: A warm hello.

Postby Tom » February 11th, 2015, 6:13 pm

Hi nogard, welcome to the forums! :)

Yes, it's quiet around here for sure. The actual site is used pretty often, but the forums have basically been dead for some time now unfortunately. I haven't really found a good way to draw more people to use the site, so I'm afraid things won't get much better. But, I'll leave it up as long as it's cheap to operate, since some people do still seem to make good use of it and enjoy its features. It's one of my favorite web projects to date, so it's kind of nice to keep around for purely nostalgic purposes, as well.

Maybe one day activity will increase, but I'm not holding my breath. I do agree that adding real-time stats tracking, or at least the ability to upload a save file for your character to populate their stats, would make the site much more appealing and less tedious to update for our users, but this is a task that would take some time to implement and probably wouldn't draw much attention, anyway (judging from past experience). Still, I'm not saying it will never come, but it's pretty unlikely.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and saying hello, and I hope you continue to enjoy using The Elder Stats.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion