OR  

Exploits

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Exploits

Postby Codex » April 1st, 2009, 11:02 pm

I'm a bit confused. I recently learned that using the Oghma Infinium when your skills are maxed counts as an exploit. I can't see how that could possibly be an exploit, as it is a quest reward from a vanilla quest. Same goes with the skill buffs you get from i.e. the Gray Prince and Seed-Neeus.
Codex
Citizen

Forum Posts: 30
Characters: 3

Re: Exploits

Postby Teinaava » April 2nd, 2009, 12:47 am

The reason it's considered an exploit is that it allows you to raise your skills and attributes over the level 100 cap. You're not supposed to be able to raise your attributes above 100, but you can exploit the Oghma Infinium to raise them above 100.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172

Postby Legolastom » April 14th, 2009, 8:42 am

Really? It seems that it was put there so that you could not raise them indefinably and become overpowered. Bethesda most likely anticipated this would happen as it seems pretty obvious and it isn't a glitch or a bug, its not like that +10 or +15 to your attributes is a major advantage, just a way to max out your character.
Legolastom
Citizen

Forum Posts: 43
Characters: 2

Postby Tom » April 14th, 2009, 5:11 pm

Well, does it actually increase your attributes forever, or does it simply boost your attributes for a limited amount of time?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Teinaava » April 14th, 2009, 7:56 pm

Tom wrote:Well, does it actually increase your attributes forever, or does it simply boost your attributes for a limited amount of time?

It permanently increases them.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Postby Tom » April 14th, 2009, 9:15 pm

Teinaava wrote:
Tom wrote:Well, does it actually increase your attributes forever, or does it simply boost your attributes for a limited amount of time?

It permanently increases them.

Well, then it sounds to me like it should be counted as an exploit. I agree with Teinaava.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Teinaava » April 28th, 2009, 2:12 am

I'm going to go ahead and lock this. Any other comments about the Oghma Infinium's legitimacy should be posted here.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion