OR  

Little Facts to Know and Share...

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Re: Little Facts to Know and Share...

Postby Xavier » November 23rd, 2009, 3:22 am

Tom wrote:It's such a shame what greed does to the world, isn't it?

So true. Electric powered cars would be great.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby kakejero » November 23rd, 2009, 4:22 pm

So, what is this topic
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby Tom » November 24th, 2009, 2:14 am

kakejero wrote:So, what is this topic

This topic is, as the title suggests, a place to post interesting facts. I know that we've been trailing off in discussion of the facts, so if it bothers you I could split the off-topic posts into a new topic of their own.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby kakejero » November 24th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Thats totally okay ;)
kakejero
Citizen

Forum Posts: 49
Characters: 12

Postby The Ninja » November 24th, 2009, 9:49 pm

Idealists? Yes. GOOD Idealists, not stupid ones who love taxes... They want to get more and more money to spend on unnessecary things. Healthcare included. Give us your life and we will give you healthcare. I don't want to be like Canada where they spend a fortune on Health care. Yes, it is important, but the way that Obama and others go about it is wrong. We want to be diferent and great, not like Canada.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Tom » November 25th, 2009, 11:27 pm

I think that a lot of people are getting the wrong idea about Obama's health care plan. It isn't identical to the Canadian health care system. In fact, it's very different. But when everyone hears the term "social health care," they don't listen to another word and become relentlessly opposed to the idea. That's the problem with the people in our country today: they only hear what they want to hear and, if they don't like what they hear at first, they simply give up listening to the rest of it.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Kestral » November 26th, 2009, 1:30 am

Tom wrote:I think that a lot of people are getting the wrong idea about Obama's health care plan. It isn't identical to the Canadian health care system. In fact, it's very different. But when everyone hears the term "social health care," they don't listen to another word and become relentlessly opposed to the idea. That's the problem with the people in our country today: they only hear what they want to hear and, if they don't like what they hear at first, they simply give up listening to the rest of it.

I blame the fear-mongering media (I'm look at you Fox & ABC).
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » November 26th, 2009, 4:23 am

Tom wrote:It isn't identical to the Canadian health care system. In fact, it's very different.

Of course it is, but how different? Not that much. He is also screwing adults over the age of 50 or 55 (somewhere around there) in his healthcare plan.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Kestral » November 26th, 2009, 7:20 pm

The Ninja wrote:
Tom wrote:It isn't identical to the Canadian health care system. In fact, it's very different.

Of course it is, but how different? Not that much. He is also screwing adults over the age of 50 or 55 (somewhere around there) in his healthcare plan.

How? And if you're going to use the 'Death Panel OMFG' argument, join the hysteria train.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Postby The King » December 26th, 2009, 6:49 pm

Kestral wrote:
The Ninja wrote:

How? And if you're going to use the 'Death Panel OMFG' argument, join the hysteria train.

Hey guys, I believe this was the "Little Facts to Know and Share..." thread, not the "Heated Debate Over Healthcare" thread.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge