OR  

Little Facts to Know and Share...

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Re: Little Facts to Know and Share...

Postby The Ninja » November 9th, 2009, 10:53 pm

Tom wrote:Although Hydrogen cars are thought to be a more energy-efficient means of travel, studies have shown that it takes four times as much energy to produce the Hydrogen alone to power the car as it does to power our cars now with regular fuel.

Saw this on a documentary. So, for anyone who believes that Hydrogen cars are the answer to our energy issues, keep guessing.

That was my guess when I first heard about it in the first place!

Ever heard about Air Pressured cars? Very interesting, maybe not good for long distance travel, but it should work!

http://www.flixxy.com/zero-pollution-automobile.htm
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby J'Ghasta » November 13th, 2009, 3:16 pm

The Ninja wrote:
Tom wrote:Although Hydrogen cars are thought to be a more energy-efficient means of travel, studies have shown that it takes four times as much energy to produce the Hydrogen alone to power the car as it does to power our cars now with regular fuel.

Saw this on a documentary. So, for anyone who believes that Hydrogen cars are the answer to our energy issues, keep guessing.

That was my guess when I first heard about it in the first place!

Ever heard about Air Pressured cars? Very interesting, maybe not good for long distance travel, but it should work!

http://www.flixxy.com/zero-pollution-automobile.htm

The politicians should spend more money on stuff like this
Jalla Kebab Suddenly

"Vem va de som kasta?"
Skogsturken

Betty bought a bit of butter but the bit she bought was bitter, so betty bought another bit of butter (insted).
J'Ghasta
Protector

Forum Posts: 101
Characters: 2

Postby Tom » November 13th, 2009, 9:23 pm

J'Ghasta wrote:The politicians should spend more money on stuff like this

They would if they weren't being paid off my big oil companies to keep gas-powered cars on the market.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » November 19th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Tom wrote:
J'Ghasta wrote:The politicians should spend more money on stuff like this

They would if they weren't being paid off my big oil companies to keep gas-powered cars on the market.

Well, if they wanted something like Air Pressured Cars, they would have to co-ordinate with countries around the globe to take out gas stations and put in air pressure stations. If it was similtaniously (GAH! Tricky fingers today!) constructed, then the whole world wouldn't need as much oil as we fight over.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby The King » November 21st, 2009, 4:27 am

Well, to gas powered car's defense, its the easiest way to power a car so far.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » November 21st, 2009, 5:08 am

Yes, the explosion creates the pressure which drives the car, but already pressurized fuel that doesn't need to be refined, or SMOGed for that matter, all the better.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » November 21st, 2009, 7:39 pm

The King wrote:Well, to gas powered car's defense, its the easiest way to power a car so far.

Not necessarily. GM produced a car called the EV1 back in the 1990's which ran completely on electricity. All it took to fuel up the car was to charge the car's electric battery for a few hours, and the car could go 300 miles on one full charge. It also could safely reach speeds of up to 70 MPH and had zero gas emissions (obviously). So, gas isn't necessarily the most efficient way to power a car, it's just what society has been telling us is the only way to do so, until recently. And the EV1 electric car was developed in the 1990's. Image how far electric car technology has come since then. If only GM didn't accept those bribes from the oil companies to destroy all of their EV1's... otherwise the technology and research could have spread and evolved and there could be no urgent need for "alternative energy" now-a-days. It's such a shame what greed does to the world, isn't it?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby The Ninja » November 22nd, 2009, 12:41 am

You know that almost the wholel world has gone Euro? Leaving the US in a pretty hostage-like situation. That's only about currency, not to talk about the oil of the Middle East and the liberals who are driving the United States into the ground whilst wearing a blindfold... Or are they wearing a blindfold?

Just my take on our current situation.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Kestral » November 22nd, 2009, 6:19 pm

The Ninja wrote:You know that almost the wholel world has gone Euro? Leaving the US in a pretty hostage-like situation. That's only about currency, not to talk about the oil of the Middle East and the liberals who are driving the United States into the ground whilst wearing a blindfold... Or are they wearing a blindfold?

Just my take on our current situation.

In my opinion, everything is looking better for America, since those liberals got in.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » November 22nd, 2009, 10:51 pm

The liberals are the only ones who even have a chance at opposing this dynasty of corruption through the oil companies. Republicans are simply conservative hand puppets of large corporations and they take bribes and promote corruption because they're afraid of taking a stand. I'm not saying that all liberals are immune to corruption, but at least they're all open to change (which we need a hell of a lot of right now). We need idealists now more than ever.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge