OR  

Where you guys from?

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Where are you from

USA
50%
England
20%
Germany
No votes
Scandanavia( Finland,Denmark,Sweden,Norway)
13%
Other European country
7%
Canada
7%
Australia
3%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 30

Re: Where you guys from?

Postby The King » May 3rd, 2009, 5:16 am

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:The capital of America is Washington. You're ruled from Washington, not by it. Same here. We're ruled from England, not by it.

Are you doing this on purpose now?

Hahaha, 4 posts and you still don't get it. Look at Tom's post, maybe you can get it through your thick skull that Washington isn't the United State's capital.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220
Characters: 0

Postby Katherine » May 6th, 2009, 12:57 pm

Hirschy wrote:
Katherine wrote:I live in the UK (Bucks)

WHAT!!! SO DO I!!!

Thats sooo weird! Where abouts?

- Hirschy

LOL - cool!
I live in Milton Keynes and I go to the University of Buckingham
Katherine
Citizen

Forum Posts: 48
Characters: 1

Postby Katherine » May 6th, 2009, 1:03 pm

I used to live in America, I went as an international student for 2 years when I was 18. I soon realised every country has their highlights and faults so i wasn't obsessed with the USA as much while I lived there. I was just bored of living in the UK.
I get around that by travelling alot, when I get the itch to move and leave the country I just go on vacation instead ..for a little taster :-p
Katherine
Citizen

Postby Katherine » May 6th, 2009, 1:07 pm

:( Why are you guys arguing? :cry:
it's a simple mistake to make, some americans still refer to this country as England.
It is the United Kingdom (UK) or Great Britain, the capital is London
no big deal guys, play nice :P
Katherine
Citizen

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » May 9th, 2009, 3:27 pm

No, King is just sickeningly racist by the looks of it. He knew exactly what I meant. Maybe he can work out that the UK isn't England and has never been called England instead of insulting everyone and everything in sight when corrected.

But I'm not saying anything else. I know I'm right, King is denying something that is just impossible to deny. There are enough fanatics in the world to do my talking for me.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 97
Characters: 2

Postby Eskayti » May 9th, 2009, 10:33 pm

I'm originally from Hawai'i - born and raised - moved to Tennessee. Way out in the countryside ... love it! No comment on the people here ... not my kind of folks actually.

Ummm ... question for those from the UK ... without stirring up the hornets nest once more ... before Hawai'i became a part of the US, would it be proper to say it belonged to the British? Or belonged to England? Or the UK? I've always said 'the British' - would that be correct? Just curious.
Cat's out of the bag on that one! Who puts cats in bags anyway? Cats hate bags.
Eskayti
Beggar

Forum Posts: 25

Postby Tom » May 10th, 2009, 8:28 pm

Well, just to throw it out there, the proper name of the president of the United States is Mr. President, but everyone simply calls him "Obama". The world isn't too keen on being politically correct now-a-days.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » May 10th, 2009, 10:11 pm

the British? Or belonged to England? Or the UK? I've always said 'the British' - would that be correct? Just curious.

British and English are very different things. The UK and Britain are the same thing...almost (the UK traditionally excludes Northern Ireland).

British is the right word there.
The Empire is a confidence trick. Do you, the famed warrior races of Tamriel, having won international renown for your fighting prowess, consider yourselves and your abilities inferior to those of money-grabbing merchants and diplomats in armour?
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

Postby The King » May 15th, 2009, 12:08 am

Ashk. Ashina Zelaku wrote:No, King is just sickeningly racist by the looks of it. He knew exactly what I meant. Maybe he can work out that the UK isn't England and has never been called England instead of insulting everyone and everything in sight when corrected.

But I'm not saying anything else. I know I'm right, King is denying something that is just impossible to deny. There are enough fanatics in the world to do my talking for me.

You just joined billions of other people. When you lose an argument, you call the other people racists. Just because I don't give my pencil to someone I don't like, and they happen to be Black, doesn't mean I'm racist. Just because you lost to me, doesn't mean I'm racist. If you think I'm racist, then lord have mercy, I hope you never meet an actual racist.
"Nothing hurts my world,
Just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
You'll be the one to fall."-Avenged Sevenfold
The King
Brawler

Forum Posts: 220
Characters: 0

Postby Ashk. Ashina Zelaku » May 15th, 2009, 2:24 pm

Lost? There is no argument. The UK was not founded by, was not conquered by, and is not ruled by England. I fail to see how you can argue that one. So my conclusion is that you are willfully trying to pretend my race doesn't exist in the face of...well, everything...which is racist.
Ashk. Ashina Zelaku
Adventurer

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge