OR  

Gallowglasses versus Ninjas

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Who would win?

Gallowglasses
43%
Ninjas
57%

Total votes : 7

Re: Gallowglasses versus Ninjas

Postby Sithis » May 8th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Lol I just got number 1...that is a funny contradiction.
Certified TESIV:O Sage- Yeah...I know so much about the game, I could teach a college course on it.
Need build help, critique on your character, or design methods? Contact me. I am the one responsible for the Nexus Project and the Super_Soldier Method.
Sithis
Beggar

Forum Posts: 28
Characters: 1

Postby JerryPons85 » May 24th, 2011, 11:52 pm

Offcourse ninja will win.
Nien Jih Ssu Ch'u Chuehis the highly specialized Chinese Art of killing without leaving a trace.
ninja gear
JerryPons85
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » May 25th, 2011, 1:36 am

JerryPons85 wrote:Offcourse ninja will win.

^_^ *clap, clap, clap*
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Emperor Casellas I » July 19th, 2011, 8:51 pm

What a big argument between The Ninja, and Kestral. Well Kestral... I agree with The Ninja, although he may be acting like "I know it all!", he's right.
Emperor Casellas I
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 2

Postby whoman69 » July 20th, 2011, 3:04 pm

Just watched an episode of Mythbusters from season 4 debunking much of the ninja myth. Their theory was the ninja overplayed their abilities to build their reputations. I have no doubt they were skilled assassins. Popular culture has also continued the myth of the ninja. They could not catch arrows out of the air or walk on water. In regard to honor, not really sure how much honor it takes to stab someone in the back or kill someone in their sleep. That sounds more like the calling card of a ruthless killer.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby altmer_monk_0 » July 20th, 2011, 10:29 pm

wat is a gallowglass?
altmer_monk_0
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45
Characters: 3

Postby Emperor Casellas I » July 21st, 2011, 11:01 pm

altmer_monk_0 wrote:wat is a gallowglass?

Check this wikipedia for more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallowglass
Emperor Casellas I
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 2

Postby The Ninja » July 22nd, 2011, 6:38 am

whoman69 wrote:Just watched an episode of Mythbusters from season 4 debunking much of the ninja myth. Their theory was the ninja overplayed their abilities to build their reputations. I have no doubt they were skilled assassins. Popular culture has also continued the myth of the ninja. They could not catch arrows out of the air or walk on water. In regard to honor, not really sure how much honor it takes to stab someone in the back or kill someone in their sleep. That sounds more like the calling card of a ruthless killer.

You're right. They can't really catch arrows, or walk on water, but I've seen my uncle's ninjitsu master take a full beer bottle, unopened, on a wooden table, and slam it down, making a bottle-sized hole in the table, and my uncle caught it unerneath. The bottle was completely intact, and not damaged. Talk about skill...
Also, he too three large bricks of ice, "focused his chi/chakra" (I think that part is bull-crap), and struck the top block, which remained in one piece, the second one shattered, completely, and the third on remained intact. That's insane, and I don't know enough about physics to figure that one out.
Effeciency is stabbing someone in their sleep, whereas there is more risk of failure and dying if you face them while they are awake. If I were in Iraq and my enemy is running from me, I'll shoot the b@st@rd in the back, no problem. Is that dishonorable? I think not. They ARE effecient killers.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771

Postby Torapa » July 7th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Ninja's are pussies who can't hold their whiskey, unlike the Gall-Oglaigh who usually fight fiercer with a little whiskey in their bellies. Also the ancient tartans were a natural camoflage unlike black pajamas and silly toe socks! Let's see a ninja [word censored] spend a fortnight outdoors in the Scottish Highlands in January with nothing but his wits and the clothes on his back!
Never stick your finger in anything you wouldn't eat.[/Image,ImageImage
Torapa
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 8

Previous

Return to The Lounge