OR  

What to do?

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

What game to get with a $100 gift card?

Assassin's Creed II [$60]
No votes
Fallout 3 (GOTY Edition) [$60]
20%
Mass Effect 2 [$60]
20%
Resident Evil 5 (an unlikely option) [$40]
20%
TES: Oblivion (GOTY Edition) [$30]
40%
Mass Effect (1) [$?]
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: What to do?

Postby whoman69 » December 27th, 2009, 4:54 am

Kestral wrote:FO3: GOTY
$60 is a bargain considering. You have all 5 DLC, all of which are excellent. You'll have well over 40+ hours of game play, and will experience the full FO3 experience.

GOTY doesn't have any of the DLC. It comes with the vanilla game, KNOT, and Shivering Isles...nothing else.
whoman69
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 86
Characters: 8

Postby StoneDead » December 27th, 2009, 5:39 am

braid, it's 10 bux and it's great
StoneDead
Perma Banned
Beggar

Forum Posts: 13
Characters: 0

Postby Xavier » December 27th, 2009, 7:43 am

whoman69 wrote:
Kestral wrote:FO3: GOTY
$60 is a bargain considering. You have all 5 DLC, all of which are excellent. You'll have well over 40+ hours of game play, and will experience the full FO3 experience.

GOTY doesn't have any of the DLC. It comes with the vanilla game, KNOT, and Shivering Isles...nothing else.

It says Fallout 3, not Oblivion. It's cool though.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » December 28th, 2009, 3:08 am

My friend brought Oblivion over today. I haven't forgoten the fun factor for it. It has been a while... I just wish I was playing right now... ADDICTING!
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Tom » December 28th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Yes, I miss Oblivion very much. Such a fun game. I'm going to try to get back into it very soon.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » December 29th, 2009, 2:52 am

He just bought it for Christmas. He hadn't played it yet and, when I was putting it into the disc tray, I was ranting about how great it was. I didn't go through the deep facial construction features, but went right to choosing a male wood elf and getting out of my prison cell. Once I aquired the "rusty iron bow," I shot rats like skeet, even nailing one right as he leaped for me. (They leap FAR!) Upon observing the carcass, all four of my friends were laughing in amazement. I had shot the rat while he was charging for my face, the arrow stuck between his eyes and he flew backwads about 7 feet. It was epic. The rest of the trip out of the tunnels and sewers was similar. The zombie freaked them out, and I nailed a few goblins in their butts as I sneaked up behind them. As soon as I escaped, I told him to make sure to save as soon as he reached the last gate (for character editing purposes) and charged to the right to kill a mudcrab and shoot a the imp that guards that cave in his face. Then his mother rang the doorbell and the experiance ended. On the way out, they were all raving about how awesome it looked.

I love that game...
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » December 29th, 2009, 6:55 pm

I always forget how much fun it is until I get back into it again and realize how great the expansive world is. You can go around and do whatever you'd like, and you can travel to far-off places and complete various quests, go cave diving, treasure hunting, find interesting happenings, etc. It truly is a great gaming experience, and one I would like to get back to when I have some time.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » December 30th, 2009, 1:47 am

Tom wrote:You can go around and do whatever you'd like, and you can travel to far-off places and complete various quests, go cave diving, treasure hunting, find interesting happenings, etc.

Don't forget hunting! I spent two whole hours just roaming the forest that is north-west of the Imperial City and killing deer with my bow. It was so fun. I wandered to find two of them, then shot one. The other ran away, so I quickly took my venison and chased it for about 200 yards. I started sneaking, then came around a stump to find it looking into my face. Then I shot it before it ran out of sight.

It is also fun to find one, then hit them when they just start to fade from view due to distance. Like, they are grazing, then you back up enough just to see a faint outline, then shoot. VERY entertaining.

I think what makes it so fun is the gratification of the bowshot and marksmanship.
The Ninja
Squire

Previous

Return to The Lounge