OR  

Which Web Browser Do You Use?

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Which?

Mozilla Firefox
62%
Internet Explorer
23%
Safari
8%
Opera
8%
Konquerer
No votes
Anything Else...
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Which Web Browser Do You Use?

Postby Kestral » June 3rd, 2009, 3:51 am

So you'll rather sacrifice safety for a brand name?
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Tom » June 3rd, 2009, 3:55 am

The Ninja wrote:I will stick to Microsoft till the end!... or until they do something REALLY stupid.

They've done various stupid things, you just have to come to a realization of them. ;)
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » June 3rd, 2009, 4:08 am

Nothing stupid enough to make me stop using their products.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Kestral » June 3rd, 2009, 4:22 am

The Ninja wrote:Nothing stupid enough to make me stop using their products.

Their products are the stupid things. >.>

I mean, I am using XP and won't get a Mac. But I'd rather have Ubuntu. >.>

You also have Outlook. *Shudders*

Why pay for something on a computer is my question.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229

Postby Tom » June 3rd, 2009, 11:38 am

Kestral wrote:You also have Outlook. *Shudders*

That's why I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my e-mail client.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Xavier » June 3rd, 2009, 8:02 pm

It's all good, Ninja.

I mean, Microsoft is good and all because I use their OS and I have their Xbox 360, but some of the stuff they make/do are just stupid. For example, their Wireless Internet Router for the Xbox 360 is a complete ripoff. It cost 100 dollars for something that should already be included in the Xbox 360. Another example is that when you plug your own HDMI cable in it doesn't include the audio. And if you try to use the audio with the RCA cables it won't fit into the back when the HDMI cable is already in there. Complete rip-off because you can take off the casing and make it fit into the back with the HDMI. But of course they have their own HDMI cable set you can buy for 50 bucks. With theirs, you can plug in the HDMI for the video, and then they have a thinner version of the RCA you can plug into the audio so that they both fit. Why couldn't they just do that in the first place? Cheap bastards.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » June 3rd, 2009, 11:28 pm

I know what you mean Xavier, but fortunately for me, my dad is a computer programmer. Therefore, he already had everything I needed for Surround Sound, HD, and a freaking big moniter! It is so clear that I actually sniped a guy across the map of Ambush on CoD 4 with my Deagle. Plus, I help out my buddies in Spectator Mode when I die. I say, "Dude! Behind you!" *other player turns around and unloads on enemy* "How did you know that?" And I reply, "Surround Sound."

So I'm pretty comfortable with my current position. And Microsoft is known for their software, not hardware. That is the reason for the RROD. Other than that, it is almost perfect. The PS3 may last for a long time, (because Sony is all about hardware) but it is hard to navigate and has less features than the XBOX 360. Get my position now?
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Xavier » June 4th, 2009, 12:30 am

Well, I know your position. I was just ranting about Microsoft in general. They still make good products though. I mean, hell, I use them everyday.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby The Ninja » June 4th, 2009, 5:49 am

Xavier wrote:They still make good products though. I mean, hell, I use them everyday.

Skippy...
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Taylor » June 4th, 2009, 10:35 pm

The Ninja wrote:I know what you mean Xavier, but fortunately for me, my dad is a computer programmer. Therefore, he already had everything I needed for Surround Sound, HD, and a freaking big moniter! It is so clear that I actually sniped a guy across the map of Ambush on CoD 4 with my Deagle. Plus, I help out my buddies in Spectator Mode when I die. I say, "Dude! Behind you!" *other player turns around and unloads on enemy* "How did you know that?" And I reply, "Surround Sound."

So I'm pretty comfortable with my current position. And Microsoft is known for their software, not hardware. That is the reason for the RROD. Other than that, it is almost perfect. The PS3 may last for a long time, (because Sony is all about hardware) but it is hard to navigate and has less features than the XBOX 360. Get my position now?

So what does your dad being a computer programmer and you sniping people in Call of Duty 4 have to do with you not using Firefox? If your dad is a computer programmer, and he uses computers a lot, he should be knowledgeable of Firefox and it's superiority over IE.
Taylor
Citizen

Forum Posts: 45

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge