OR  

Which Web Browser Do You Use?

Relax and discuss any general topics not related to The Elder Stats or gaming with other members in here.

Which?

Mozilla Firefox
62%
Internet Explorer
23%
Safari
8%
Opera
8%
Konquerer
No votes
Anything Else...
No votes

Total votes : 13

Re: Which Web Browser Do You Use?

Postby Kestral » June 4th, 2009, 11:43 pm

Taylor wrote:
The Ninja wrote:I know what you mean Xavier, but fortunately for me, my dad is a computer programmer. Therefore, he already had everything I needed for Surround Sound, HD, and a freaking big moniter! It is so clear that I actually sniped a guy across the map of Ambush on CoD 4 with my Deagle. Plus, I help out my buddies in Spectator Mode when I die. I say, "Dude! Behind you!" *other player turns around and unloads on enemy* "How did you know that?" And I reply, "Surround Sound."

So I'm pretty comfortable with my current position. And Microsoft is known for their software, not hardware. That is the reason for the RROD. Other than that, it is almost perfect. The PS3 may last for a long time, (because Sony is all about hardware) but it is hard to navigate and has less features than the XBOX 360. Get my position now?

So what does your dad being a computer programmer and you sniping people in Call of Duty 4 have to do with you not using Firefox? If your dad is a computer programmer, and he uses computers a lot, he should be knowledgeable of Firefox and it's superiority over IE.

Everyone from teens that can run a kernel to a super know-it-all computer tech guy (radio talk show optional) prefers FireFox and doesn't like IE.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby The Ninja » June 5th, 2009, 12:19 am

Taylor wrote:So what does your dad being a computer programmer...

Means that he had all the parts and tools needed for setting up my game station.

Taylor wrote:...and you sniping people in Call of Duty 4...

Meaning that my computer moniter has great dimentions.

Taylor wrote:...have to do with you not using Firefox?

Just ranting about Microsoft with Xavier.

Taylor wrote:If your dad is a computer programmer, and he uses computers a lot, he should be knowledgeable of Firefox and it's superiority over IE.

Not really. He uses Window for making databases and things. IE comes with the package.
The Ninja
Squire

Forum Posts: 771
Characters: 4

Postby Kestral » June 5th, 2009, 12:34 am

The Ninja wrote:Not really. He uses Window for making databases and things. IE comes with the package.

IE came with my package and I use FF. And IE has nothing to do with creating databases. It has no FTP capability or anything else of the sort. Only IE 6 did, and that feature was scrapped.
Kestral
Brawler

Postby The Ninja » June 5th, 2009, 12:37 am

Well my dad isn't to "personal" with his computer. It is simply a tool to do his work. He has no need for getting Firefox. I have IE. And that is that. It is up to my dad to make any changes with these computers.
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Kestral » June 5th, 2009, 12:43 am

The Ninja wrote:Well my dad isn't to "personal" with his computer. It is simply a tool to do his work. He has no need for getting Firefox. I have IE. And that is that. It is up to my dad to make any changes with these computers.

Define, "work". What type of work? If he's a programmer wouldn't he need a compiler?
Kestral
Brawler

Postby The Ninja » June 5th, 2009, 4:42 am

My father says, "Not everything is always compiled anymore."
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Kestral » June 5th, 2009, 9:56 pm

The Ninja wrote:My father says, "Not everything is always compiled anymore."

But you can't necessarily make a program without a compiler, right?
If not, then he is a developer, I believe. Because "programming" moreover falls into the heading of "Everything done in Java/C++/Python/Perl and all that jazz" all of which you compile. A computer can't take a .txt document changed into a .exe file and run it. No, you have to compile it.

Developing would fit more your father, until I get more detail.
Kestral
Brawler

Postby The Ninja » June 5th, 2009, 10:10 pm

He calls himself a programmer. He creates wizards among other things. But mostly databases. Trust me, he knows what he's doing. He couldn't work for a while, so the people that he was doing a job for hired someone else temporarily. That other person quit and said that he "couldn't do it." So, the employer offered a raise, as long as my dad worked. :D That story makes me proud of him.

PS: My fam often calls him a "geek."
The Ninja
Squire

Postby Tom » June 5th, 2009, 10:41 pm

I build PHP applications and websites, and I call myself a developer, not really a programmer. Programming and developing are different, in my eyes.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby The Ninja » June 6th, 2009, 12:20 am

After reading this, my dad says that, by your eyes, he is a "business database application developer."

He calls himself a programmer, but you say different. So, that is what he is by your standards. (I'm looking at you, Kestral.)
The Ninja
Squire

Previous

Return to The Lounge