OR  

Posting Ranks

Post discussions, suggestions, your opinions, and feature requests for The Elder Stats in here. Discuss the site with other members and developers, alike.

Would you like posting ranks to be instated on The Elder Stats forum?

Yes, I would!
50%
No, I wouldn't.
20%
I don't care either way.
30%

Total votes : 10

Re: Posting Ranks

Postby Teinaava » February 18th, 2009, 1:04 am

Joe wrote:I think that one of the higher ranks should be Emperor.

The only problem with that would be that that would make the person higher in rank than the Elder Council (Administrators) and the Imperial Legion (Moderators).
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Tom » February 18th, 2009, 1:21 am

Teinaava wrote:

The only problem with that would be that that would make the person higher in rank than the Elder Council (Administrators) and the Imperial Legion (Moderators).

That's true. Let's try to think of rank titles that normal citizens of Cyrodiil might be able to attain.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Joe » February 18th, 2009, 1:24 am

Joe wrote: The lowest rank could be some thing to do with jail because that's were you start out.
Joe
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 91
Characters: 1

Postby Kestral » February 18th, 2009, 5:11 am

Tom wrote:
Teinaava wrote:

That's true. Let's try to think of rank titles that normal citizens of Cyrodiil might be able to attain.

Peasant 0-40
Servant 40-120
Citizen 120-280
Shopkeep/Merchant <-- BIG Moneymakers in Medieval times. 280-400
Honored Citizen 400-550
Courtier 550-660
Count/Countess 660-

Helper-Mod:
Militiaman

Moderator:
Legionare/Imperial Battlemage

Administrator:
Potentate/Advisor
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

Postby Blue the Thief » February 18th, 2009, 10:36 am

I say give Tom (Or whoever made this site, I forget XP) should get Emperor (Or maybe even Akatosh :twisted: )
Blue the Thief
Beggar

Forum Posts: 21
Characters: 4

Postby iron spartan101 » February 18th, 2009, 11:30 am

Teinaava wrote:The only problem with that would be that that would make the person higher in rank than the Elder Council (Administrators) and the Imperial Legion (Moderators).

Kestral wrote:Peasant 0-40
Servant 40-120
Citizen 120-280
Shopkeep/Merchant <-- BIG Moneymakers in Medieval times. 280-400
Honored Citizen 400-550
Courtier 550-660
Count/Countess 660-

Helper-Mod:
Militiaman

Moderator:
Legionare/Imperial Battlemage

Administrator:
Potentate/Advisor

one problem with the levels. what if i had 550 points.(i think you no where im goin with this)
iron spartan101
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 67
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » February 18th, 2009, 12:26 pm

Blue the Thief wrote:I say give Tom (Or whoever made this site, I forget XP) should get Emperor (Or maybe even Akatosh :twisted: )

Yes, I'm the one who developed The Elder Stats. :) That's not a bad idea, but the posting ranks are going to be different than the ranks that Aministrators and Moderators have specially assigned to them. For example, see how my current rank is "Elder Council Leader"? Well, that is obviously not a posting rank, because I have that rank no matter how many posts I have. Now, an example of a posting rank would be something that only the members get. I think that you weren't talking about posting ranks when you made that post, and that's fine, but I'm just filling you all in on the facts. I could give myself some higher-up rank to show that I am the founder of The Elder Stats, but for the time being "Elder Council Leader" is a fine enough rank for me, considering the fact that I'm the head of the Elder Council group, which are the administrators.

iron spartan101 wrote:one problem with the levels. what if i had 550 points.(i think you no where im goin with this)

I understand what you're saying, but because of the way that ranks are automatically assigned, that would not become a problem. Each posting rank will have a set number of posts that has to be reached in order for it to be attained. When I'm creating the posting ranks, I won't put something like "550 - 700" for the total posts for that rank, but rather I would just put one number such as "700". What it does is, once a member reaches the amount of posts that a higher-up rank requires, that member automatically receives that new rank. It doesn't function like you think it does, but I appreciate your concern.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Xavier » February 18th, 2009, 9:20 pm

I agree that Emperor shouldn't be part of the ranks because that's more of an Admin type of role.

I was thinking something like this:

Mudcrab: 0 Posts
Beggar: 10 Posts
Citizen: 30 Posts
Adventurer: 65 Posts
Protector: 100 Posts
Brawler: 175 Posts
Warrior: 300 Posts
Guardian: 650 Posts
Hero: 1,000 Posts

There would probably be more. If anyone has any suggestions, just say. I was just giving a basic idea of what I think would be good for the posting ranks.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » February 18th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Those all sound good, but I think that there is too much space between a few of those ranks. Also, we will add more ranks after 1000 posts.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Kestral » February 19th, 2009, 12:48 am

Tom wrote:Those all sound good, but I think that there is too much space between a few of those ranks. Also, we will add more ranks after 1000 posts.

On the UESP some ranks are 2000 posts apart I believe.
Kestral
Brawler

Forum Posts: 229
Characters: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback & Discussion