OR  

"Latest Updated Character" doesn't update?

If you find any bugs (i.e. errors, malfunctions, or similar issues) with The Elder Stats while using it, please report them by posting a topic in here.

"Latest Updated Character" doesn't update?

Postby Codex » March 25th, 2009, 3:35 am

On the main page, the "Latest Updated Characters" field doesn't seem to really update. It says the last updated character was on March 5th. I have updated my character(s) several times since then, and I'm sure others have too.
Codex
Citizen

Forum Posts: 30
Characters: 3

Re: "Latest Updated Character" doesn't update?

Postby Tom » March 25th, 2009, 11:15 am

I've noticed that, too. When I setup the "Latest Updated Characters" area, I told it to sort each character's last edited dates by descending order. Well, when I developed The Elder Stats, I had all dates stored as plain text instead of timestamps (stupid me), so now it tries to sort each last edited date by the first letter of the month in alphabetical order, and then it tries to sort the date, and recently it hasn't been sorting anything at all. The whole query that sorts the dates is messed up, and I need to fix it. Also, in the next subrelease of The Elder Stats, I might insert a new feature where all of the times shown in character's profiles are entered into the database as timestamps instead of actual text (ex: 001122 instead of April 9, 2009), and then the timestamps will be translated into regular text once they are called to the page. That way, it will be much easier for the query to sort each character's last edited date in descending order because it will just be dealing with sorting numbers, instead of sorting numbers and letters at the same time and trying to come up with the proper ordering.

Thank you for pointing this out to me. I've been thinking about doing something about it, and Xavier has even informed me about it as well, but now that you mentioned it, it's more incentive to start getting to work on it.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Re: "Latest Updated Character" doesn't update?

Postby Codex » March 25th, 2009, 8:45 pm

Ah, I get it. I hope you manage to get it sorted.
Codex
Citizen

Forum Posts: 30
Characters: 3

Return to Bug Reports