OR  

Server Error

If you find any bugs (i.e. errors, malfunctions, or similar issues) with The Elder Stats while using it, please report them by posting a topic in here.

Server Error

Postby Teinaava » June 19th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Whenever I try to look at the skills on a character's profile, a message comes up next to each value saying, "Error: The server could not create this heading image." Here's a screenshot of it. Also, some other numbers appear to be bigger than they should be. Here's a screenshot of that.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Re: Server Error

Postby Xavier » June 21st, 2009, 8:58 pm

Hmmm. I just looked at some character profiles, and everything seemed to be fine for me. However, some of the text on the page appeared to be cut off on the bottom.
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Teinaava » June 21st, 2009, 9:02 pm

I just looked at someone's profile and it's still coming up with that message. I guess it might just be my computer.
Teinaava
Past Contributor
Protector

Forum Posts: 172
Characters: 3

Postby Tom » June 22nd, 2009, 2:13 am

The error that you're getting, Teinaava, is a common error that occurs if there was an error in creating the image for the custom font (the blue font). I do not seem to be experiencing that error, but I did notice that the error is occurring when I view a character's profile with Internet Explorer. When viewing a profile with Firefox, I don't see any errors, but I do see the text being cut off at the bottom as Xavier mentioned. I don't have a lot of time to look into this right now, but I will take a look at it when I have some more time. I wonder what caused this to appear all of a sudden.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby Xavier » June 23rd, 2009, 7:03 pm

Ah, the wonders of the web. :lol:
Xavier - Elder Stats Co-Founder & Graphic Designer
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook | Website Statistics
Xavier
Co-founder
Squire
Co-founder

Forum Posts: 513
Characters: 6

Postby Tom » June 23rd, 2009, 7:58 pm

I think I discovered where the issue with this lies. My server ran on PHP version 5.2.9 ever since I created The Elder Stats. Well, I have made no changes to the code that creates the custom font in the characters' profiles, so I thought to myself that it must be a problem with the script that is creating the custom font for the profiles. Well, that script is written in PHP, so it led me to believe that this font problem was occurring due to a problem with PHP on my server. Sure enough, I took a look at my server's settings and saw that the PHP version had been updated to 5.2.10 from 5.2.9. I now have reason to believe that the problem we're experiencing with the displaying of the fonts is due to some compatibility issues with the new version of PHP and the script that I use to create the custom font. Now that I know where the problem lies, I can take a deeper look into it. I'll see what I can do about fixing this compatibility issue in the coming days, but I just wanted to let everyone know that the problem has been pinpointed for now.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Tom » October 28th, 2009, 8:28 pm

It's been a long time, but finally there's a fix: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=255. Please reply to that topic if you are still experiencing this bug. Thanks, everyone.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Return to Bug Reports