OR  

Loading photos

Need help using The Elder Stats? Trying to do something that you just can't figure out how to do? Then post your help requests and questions in here!

Re: Loading photos

Postby Tom » May 27th, 2009, 11:16 pm

That's odd...I tried uploading that image myself and it worked without error. Are you sure that the image you posted is the exact same image that you were trying to upload, or was the image you were trying to upload different, whether it be bigger or whatever?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby unknown Chemist » May 27th, 2009, 11:23 pm

exactly the same, did not check the box on the photo site you suggested to resize image just loaded exactly what was on my desktop.
see why i am stumped :)
unknown Chemist
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 8
Characters: 4

Postby Tom » May 28th, 2009, 12:18 am

Actually, this issue is confusing me as well. :)

If you'd like, I can upload the images for you. Just send the images to me in a PM and let me know which character to upload each image for. I'm sorry that we couldn't get this sorted out, but hopefully we can find a way to fix this odd issue. If anyone else has this problem, please let us know.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Codex » May 28th, 2009, 9:16 pm

I've had this problem with avatars. The picture meets all the requirements, but still won't upload. What I did to fix it, was opening the file in MSPaint, and the save it as a jpeg (click "Save as", and not just "Save"). Seems like some websites won't allow images edited in Photoshop :?
Codex
Citizen

Forum Posts: 30
Characters: 3

Postby Tom » May 29th, 2009, 1:47 am

Codex wrote:Seems like some websites won't allow images edited in Photoshop :?

As long as your not trying to upload the .PSD file of the image from Photoshop, then it should work fine. It works fine for me and many others, which is what stumps me the most.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby unknown Chemist » May 29th, 2009, 2:18 am

okay will pm them when i have them sorted out, i take it you wan them linked like the picture here.
also tried paint but just saved will try save as so will let you know how it goes

okay tried paint saved as png and jpg neither worked looks like you will be pm with a list then tom.
thanks for the time spent trying to sort this
unknown Chemist
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 8
Characters: 4

Postby Son of Skyrim » August 21st, 2009, 1:26 pm

Yea it's not letting me upload my photos either and they are smaller than the required amount needed.
Son of Skyrim
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 1
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » August 21st, 2009, 7:41 pm

Son of Skyrim wrote:Yea it's not letting me upload my photos either and they are smaller than the required amount needed.

What error are you getting?
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Postby Draggy » November 26th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Firstly I want to say:
Hello everybody! I'm new here, found this useful site thanks to an UESP member who had an ElderStats Stat Card.

So, back to the topic. I have the same problem, keeps saying it's the wrong format and I can't upload photos cause of that. Tried JPEG and PGN this far. GIF just looks too bad...

EDIT: Just noticed that this thread is months old. I can't believe that this site seems so dead...
>)-db)-)<(d-b)>(-(db-(< Avarus animus nullo satiatur lucro >)-db)-)<(d-b)>(-(db-(<
Draggy
Beggar

Forum Posts: 12
Characters: 1

Postby Tom » November 26th, 2009, 6:18 pm

Welcome to The Elder Stats. :)

This thread is months old because no one has reported having this problem for a while. The rest of the site is fairly active, but certainly not dead. I suppose more people use the character profiles part of the websites than the forum part, but that may change in the future.

Anyway, I'm going to have to really take a look at what is so buggy about this script. For some reason, it works like a gem for me and others without a problem, but for some people it gives the error that the format is not accepted. So, you are saying that it will allow .GIFs to be uploaded, but not .JPGs or .PNGs? Those all work for me, but I'll check into this issue more this weekend. I'm sorry about this. I'll try to get this fixed.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Help & Support