OR  

Hi and new here

Discuss anything about The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in here.

Hi and new here

Postby mastafish » June 25th, 2010, 12:03 am

hi hi! first post here :)

was hoping i could get some feedback on my character and what you guys think of it.

thanks!
mastafish
Beggar

Forum Posts: 10
Characters: 1

Re: Hi and new here

Postby scrimmythefox » June 25th, 2010, 1:48 am

hey i checked out your character. he seemed to be pretty well balanced so you look like you know what your doing. id like to know what made you choose the race you did and what do you like about it? and since your new what do you have to tell us about your time with oblivion? bahahaha anyway welcome to the forums!
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Forum Posts: 83
Characters: 2

Postby Tom » June 25th, 2010, 3:08 am

Welcome to The Elder Stats. :)

Your character looks very good. There's not much I can suggest as everything looks great and you seem to be on the right path. The only thing that concerns me is that you have Speechcraft as one of your major skills, yet your Personality attribute is only at 30. I would suggest that you try focusing on increasing your Personality as you level up in the future. Other than that, nice work.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby mastafish » June 26th, 2010, 1:35 am

thanks fellahs!

ive made many different chars over the last few years (marksman build, full mage build etc) and for whatever reason non of them ever stuck with me. this is the highest level char and furthest along in the game ive ever been. i really dig the crusader armor, not only is it good heavy armor its sexy hehe ;) how come we cant add "divine crusader" as one of the faction title thingies? or 'pilgrim' of the nine for that matter?

also im a little confused by the nocturnal cowl. the whole premise is that when i don the cowl i lose my identity and assume the identity of the gray fox, yet, when i put on the cowl i almost immediately lose favor with the nine (and thus the ability to wear the crusader armor) which is kind of annoying because i dont like doing the pilgrimage every time i want to kill people (which isnt very often but still..) so i think maybe thats some kind of flaw in the logic or programming. maybe not though just my opinion because i also suppose the nine can detect evil or some such with or without the cowl.

im currently trying to finish up the fighters guild quests. then i need to get some daedric armor so i can ditch crusader gear for awhile and do all the evil missions. ive advanced the main storyline to the part where i need to find the location you get from the mythic dawn commentaries. im trying to do it without looking on the net for the location its pretty fun so far. definitely have a feeling it has something to do with the green road though hehe.

i was glad i found this site. i love oblivion and the nerd in me wants to share my experience with others :) several of my friends have level 50 chars so we love blabbing about who could kick whos arse. a few more hours of swimming against a rock and ill finally have athletics all the way to 100 heh...
mastafish
Beggar

Postby mastafish » June 26th, 2010, 1:36 am

and ya i definitely need to raise my personality heh. i guess i could say im roleplaying an 'antihero' in my divine crusader hehe
mastafish
Beggar

Postby Tom » June 26th, 2010, 2:18 am

mastafish wrote:a few more hours of swimming against a rock and ill finally have athletics all the way to 100 heh...

Hehe, can't say I haven't been there before. :lol:
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Postby scrimmythefox » June 28th, 2010, 12:27 am

athletics and aerobics are outstanding skills to have mastered kudos to you
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Postby redguard_master » July 2nd, 2010, 5:33 am

My athletics is at 100 and my acrobatics around 77 I think? With waterwalking water jumping seems unneeded and acrobatics boosting spells unless I feel like going Icarian flight I just don't need anymore. I already rolled around chorrol and jumped around on a bar like an idiot to get it to 75, I think he embarrased himself enough for that
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
redguard_master
Protector

Forum Posts: 116

Postby scrimmythefox » July 3rd, 2010, 10:51 pm

i like a high acrobatics. its useful
scrimmythefox
Adventurer

Postby mastafish » July 4th, 2010, 9:17 am

im totally looking at this situation from two perspectives. i fully agree that having spell-based augmentations makes your character just as effective as someone with natural training in athletics or acrobatics. you can run just as fast and with water-walking shoes or some such (pots etc) you can run/jump across water. in this sense there is no inherent advantage to having a natural 100/100. your time spent raising other skills will make your more powerful in other ways. the reason why i love having a natural 100/100 is i know that given any fight, im ready to move. i can run naturally faster then pretty much every single being in the game and i can jump across water. its pretty incredible not having to cast a spell or wear water-walking boots to be able to do such a thing. i just cruise around from location to location and pretty much nothing can stop me. now swimming against a rock was definitely not fun. the hours of my life i wish i had back... but i did it anyways and now i can say im in the elite 100. as for acrobatics well... now that im 100 i can actually say its really hard to remember not to jump. 35 character levels (i need to update my char on here) later its kinda like smoking, you know you dont need to anymore but you do it anyways lol. ultimately if you asked me, i believe natural is better then augmented. save the augmentations for other skills (blade, block, any of the magics)
mastafish
Beggar

Next

Return to Oblivion Discussion