OR  

Limitation on length of Bio?

If you find any bugs (i.e. errors, malfunctions, or similar issues) with The Elder Stats while using it, please report them by posting a topic in here.

Limitation on length of Bio?

Postby Daric Gaersmith » February 4th, 2013, 10:43 am

Is there some kind of limitation on the length of a bio? From practice, I have found that if I go beyond 3,386 characters length, the BBCode is no longer parsed properly. Is this a known issue, or just a limitation of the software?

I am using Firefox v18.0.1 for Ubuntu as my browser, and purging the browser cache doesn't make any difference to this problem.
Daric Gaersmith
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 2

Re: Limitation on length of Bio?

Postby Tom » February 5th, 2013, 3:10 am

Wow, this is an interesting bug. It's definitely not intended behavior, and I've never come across it before, but thank you for reporting this. I'm not quite sure what the problem might be, but I'll take a look at it in greater depth when I have some time.

Thanks again, and I apologize for the inconvenience.
Tom
Founder
Knight
Founder

Forum Posts: 880
Characters: -2

Re: Limitation on length of Bio?

Postby Daric Gaersmith » February 5th, 2013, 8:06 am

I don't know if you can see my edit history on the bio page for my Skyrim character, but I spent quite a bit of time adding and deleting text from the bio to find the exact point at which the BBCode parsing fails. Currently the bio is at 3,386 characters long, including BBCode tags and spaces. If I add a single extra character, the BBCode parsing fails, and my page renders showing the raw BBCode tags. I hope this helps in diagnosing the problem.
Daric Gaersmith
Mudcrab

Forum Posts: 2
Characters: 2

Return to Bug Reports